ONE YEAR CLEAN OF TRAMADOL TODAY!! September 27, 2016

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a run in with Tramadol after an injury which lead to extensive surgery. Was prescribed Tramadol which I was happy to take because at the time, I was told it was a safe, non-narcotic pain medication. NOT TRUE. I began feeling ill about 18 months of taking it every day. The symptoms were so severe, that taking another one petrified me. So I stopped cold turkey, not knowing what Tramadol was capable of. I was nine days into living hell before I learned that it was not only a pain reliever, but also an antidepressant and should be weened off of slowly. But at that point, I didn't want to start over. It was the worst time of my life and I thank the Lord I was able to make it through. Today, I may be a few pounds heavier than I would like (lost 20 pounds in the first three months of starting Tramadol), but am completely past all the negatives which included, tremors, nausea, diarrhea, depression, neurological problems, anxiety, panic attacks, sky rocketing blood pressure, fear of being in public, etc. If you just started taking Tramadol, STOP. If you've been taking it for a long time, start to wean off. YOU CAN DO THIS!! 😃

4 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well done to you.... That's fantastic to overcome such a challenge where some still suffer today.

• Posted

Ty michele but everyone is different. For some ppl its ok and for others its not. I do appreciate your feelings about this med and thank you for ur warnings. I feel the samebway about remeron, it almost killed me on my first dose , but i rather take tramidol then the morphine they had & still want me on. I've neen on and off tramidol, i rather have them then the morphine or ibprofrine they had me on. I've never had that side effects wen i was on or off them, but i will keep a look out for that. It kind of soumds a bit like

• Posted

Ty michele but everyone is different. For some ppl its ok and for others its not. I do appreciate your feelings about this med and thank you for ur warnings. I feel the samebway about remeron, it almost killed me on my first dose , but i rather take tramidol then the morphine they had & still want me on. I've neen on and off tramidol, i rather have them then the morphine or ibprofrine they had me on. I've never had that side effects wen i was on or off them, but i will keep a look out for that. It kind of soumds a bit like what i went threw with remeron...ty

• Posted

I remember to this day two years later the effects of quitting tramadol and the terrifying nightmares I used to suffer are still in my head. We won't even go into depression and stomach pain. Never known anything like it. I like you went cold turkey so very well done to you for seeing it through. I have to say however that tramadol was the only thing that numbed the pain I was having at the time and I think under the same circustances I would take it again but I would ween myself off of them. Doctors need to take more responsibility with their patients with coming off this drug. I was left to my own devices which seems to be the norm here and it could have been so much less painful with support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.