Finally there is a god...

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi to everyone and thank you for continuing to read my information.  It's out. And the relief to tell someone my harrowing past has felt like someone has taken all these years and thrown them in the permanent bin, forever.  I am not quite out of the woods yet but without the support of many people including the kindness of strangers I thought I would never have got to today.  I need to thank people who have sadly listened to my fractured past on here.  Hopefully the next time I write the news will be even better than today, but I finally feel like I'm allowed to reclaim some of my shattered past back and turn my life around.  I hope this happens and I can give some hope to some people less fortunate on here.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

There are way too many people keeping their past hidden, I know I did. It took me until I had my mental breakdown between 06-08 for it all to surface and come out. Oh and when it did I made a lot of people very scared of me. It all didn't stop until I think 3 years ago when I went off on my one aunt and an uncle. Once I screamed at the top of my lungs it actually felt like a load just got lifted off my shoulders that was there since I was a kid. I went to a support group, therapist and my psychiatrist and a day program twice to help me cope.

• Posted

Hi jeff, you have given me hope.  I was beginning to feel very despondent again and wanting to walk out on my husband due to something that happened recently but maybe it will be ok.  I'll see what my counsellor says on Wednesday

• Posted

I'm not sure how you are about group talking. I know for me I was unsure of it but I went to give it a whirl. When I went I was a bit manic and couldn't shut up. I went there not knowing if there was anyone else who had what I had and was astonished. It was nice to hear everyone's stories knowing I wasn't alone. You might want to try that as well. But if you decide to go make sure you go at least four times to see whether or not if its for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.