Coming off Venlafaxine Help !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys been trying to come off few a couple of weeks now , and I've cut my tablets down from 2 at night and two midday =300mg to 1 1/2 at night and two midday ! But am feeling so tired can't be bothered to do anything everything seems a struggle ! Can anyone tell me how long this might last !

Thanks guys Peter

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pete

Taking them at night will keep you awake, making you feel any worse. Look at my previous posts this is not a nice drug to be on.

Thanks

Neil

• Posted

Hi Neil

Thanks for you comment I've been taking 2 at night for years I've only cut it down by half !

• Posted

Not a nice med at all! I tried coming off and went right back on. Couldn't handle it. Was put on it for anxiety and clozapam. Was easier coming off the benzo really!

• Posted

You haven't experienced half of it yet

Wait until you have none to take! I suggest very slow taper. Take it easy

• Posted

Hi. Were you advised by doctor to start reducing, as in you have been symptom free for at least 6 months etc or the drug is perceived as not working? Or are you cutting on your own? Or is there a medical reason why you are dropping it?

Coming off it for any reason other than medical reasons should take a long time (unless it is being replaced by something else due to not working anymore). Normal taper should be in the neighbourhood of at least a year. (Mine took 2 without any notable withdrawal issues!) If you are reacting so notably to the first quarter drop then something is off. Have you taken it with something else or on its own? Has anything else changed meanwhile?

• Posted

Hi yes I've decided to do it myself ! I did speak to the doctor about it and she advised me to come off slowly .

As I said before I've just cut from 2 tablets to one and a half at night but still take my 2 at midday .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.