fibromyalgia and nausea

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello, does anyone here suffer from unending nausea as well as all the joys of fibro?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Used have nausea with migraine. Started drinking tea with ginger and mint. Helped.
  • Posted

Hello Peta,

I don't suffer with it on a daily basis only when I have a very bad headache or have to resort to taking extra painkillers.  Do you think it could be some medication that you are on?  

• Posted

Hi Sukes - ithink the answer is YES a lot to do with meds. i had some meds for a couple of days and it eased.  tryning not to take them every day - I really REALLY hate taking meds.  hate the side effects. hate that side effects of what my useless gp prescribed became the worst of the symptoms i had seen him for in the first place four years ago.  I saw the consultant at the pain clinic and she said if they dont work dont take them and in the letter to my GP acknowledged the opioids cause MORE pain than they solve in the long run.  caught between a rock and a hard place. sad

• Posted

Hi I dont get it regularly but I do find if i have a really bad headache or pain elsewhere is really high then I will feel sick.  I cant offer much of a remedy really as all I do is either go to bed and lie down or take small sips of squash and sit quietly.
  • Posted

I do get nausea regularly everyday , throughout the day. It drives me crazy, strange enough I suffered from constant nausea before being diagnosed or having any pain and my gp could never explain why. Now I try to keep peppermint  with me, whether it's the essential oil, candies or simply altoids. It just shortens the time. I get the feeling but doesn't prevent it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.