I have hsp, how do you stay positive, sometimes I feel like giving up.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed in November of last year, my kidneys failed in december, now I have to do dylasis 3x a week plus getting sick all the time, I'm on alot of different meds, imuran and prednisone... I have bad flares on my legs and feet, and really bad belly pain, seems like it's never gonna go away... feeling very hopeless, just stopped my life, just wanna be normal again

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ashley so sorry your having such a bad time. My daughter developed this last September and we found the tummy pain and vomiting due to yeast and yeast extract!. The docs are clueless and prescribe meds on a trial and error basis. We stay positive as the alternative really is bleak. Try and surround yourself with people who have a happy disposition. Try to remember each day is a new day. Sorry this site doesn't allow people to physically talk to each other, but Im working on it. Keep searching HSP info and hopefully you will reach our site in the coming months. In the meantime wishing you all the best 😀

• Posted

Thank you so much, I try to stay positive but it is really hard sometimes... when you don't have many friends and a companion it gets really hard..

• Posted

Where are you in the world?
    • Posted

OK. It's worth looking into some of the medical research programmes. They're more available in the US. Also, there's no harm in trying rosehip (anti inflammatory) and probiotics (restore digestive balance).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.