RLS only in bed at night really bad aching

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been reading up a lot on this I haven't been to the DR yet but my pain is really bad only in bed at night, it makes me toss and turn all night it goes from my carves up to my butt, I'm already on Tramadol and panadine forte for fractures in 2 vertebrate is there another medication specific to RLS that will work

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dee by restless legs symptons are from the knee to my ankles. It isn't pain that I feel but more of an irritable movement within the calf area that makes one want to continuously move for relief of the inner sensation. If I'm in a specific situation like an airplane and cannot move to release this surge of electricity I will sometimes lock my leg for temporary relief.

There are different drugs that doctor's have reommended over the years. Your first step is to find out if you have RLS. Discuss the symptoms that you are experieincing with your doctor so you are diagnosed correctly. I was initially referred by my doctor to ' The sleep Clinic ' who then did tests and diagnosed me with RLS.

Good luck Dee. Keep the group posted.

• Posted

Hi Shirley I'm off to the DR on Monday I'll let you know how I go. I took sleeping tablets last night because I hadn't had a decent sleep in over a week, they worked well until this morning so I was happy but I won't be taking them every night.

• Posted

Hi Shirley yes she said she believes it's RLS, she did a CT of my lumber Incase it showed any nerves being damaged and there wasn't there were three bulging discs but none that would effect nerves, she said the only thing she can put it down to is RLS, so I'm on Endep and magnesium which has helped I've had good sleep since then. Hopefully my legs won't get any worse. Thanks for reminding me to get back to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.