spasm in the throat

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been suffering from a spasm in my throat .it is getting worse when i have exams or when i spend a long time without eating or drinking since 1 year . My doctor told me that it is becausea psychological factor and there is no drug can help

but there must be an anti-spasmodic drug to reduse this feeling.

Idon't have the acid reflux problem .

help me please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would get this now and then mainly from cold drinks. My symptoms are different in that I cough sea thinks it's a nerve damage in my throat . I was puy on 10 mg of amitriptylin it has helped with my nerve damage in my throat. It works but makes me a little sleepy. This drug is an anexiety depression drug so if dr tell you your globus is due to anexiety then they would prescribe you this drug. I initially started out on 25 mg and it was way too strong for me knocked me out. 10mg makes me a little sleepy but it's doable. I can actually cut the pill in half and take 5 mg twice a day also . It's worth a shot. Then there is gaviscom you can only get on amazon. It puts a barrier on you stomach contents so you won't reflux. If some of you have reflux try this. I ordered mine it takes a while to get by mail as it's not in the USA.

• Posted

Amitriptylline is an anti depression drug .it is also used for chronic pains and the pains with unnown sourses that'swhy they prescribed it to you but i don't have pain , there is just a spasm . I want an anti spasmotic drug although i am a pharmacist i didn't find . I searched in all the references i have but nothing. sad

• Posted

It it prescribes to me for damage to a nerve in my throat that triggers a cough sensation a 1000 times a day. If it can work on a nerve maybe it can work on nerve pain? I don't have pain but I have globus a little bit but mostly a pin prick feeling in throat near voice box. A 30 day supply was 7.35. It's a cheap way just to see if it would help you. I was not a fan because of the sleepiness at 25 mg but if 10 msg give me 60 percent relief I will take it! And it serves as an appetite suppressant lol not a bad side effect

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.