Staying active?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Do any of you go to gym or run or stay active. I was going to the gym 4 times a week before and now I'm terrified of going. I'm afraid I'll get dizzy at the gym and start puking everywhere.

Is it safe to workout and how many times a week?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have increased my gym to 4 spin classes a week drinking plenty of water list a stone and half so that's definitely helped my md. I have been to doctors this week to ask if I can come off tablets and they have agreed. Not had an attack since November last year... Taking plenty of water on board is a necessity.

• Posted

Hi Yvette, hoping to get back to the gym next week but will watch what I do, likely walking in the treadmill & cycling. My favourite was swimming but a difficult one if you are prone to vertigo I think so will give it a miss.

• Posted

I work out almost every day and try to be sure to sweat. A lot.  Drink plenty of water, as lynne said, and don't do exercises where you could fall - zumba, etc. Stick with Pilates, Barre, things like that. Good luck!

• Posted

Awesome I do a lot of hiit workouts so I sweat a lot ill try to ease back in thanks for all the pointers!!
  • Posted

I read somewhere that running was good for MD and now I try to run 3 times a week and look for 10km runs to register for to keep me interested. I had vertigo, dizziness, aural fullness and tinnitus in March, April, may 2015 but after going onto betahistine the vertigo and dizziness stopped. After spending days in bed and barely able to sit on a chair on our deck I have found running gives me a feeling of freedom. And as MD is so hard to pin down we never know when it might come back so try to enjoy the time you don't have attacks. I did have a dizziness attack one day when I was under the house lying on my back trying to nail a piece of timber in place. So you may want to be careful with some of your gym exercises. 

• Posted

Hi there!

I do a lot yoga. As it is slow and controlled, it seems to help with my balance. There are times when I am scared of going because I feel dizzy anyway but I find that once I go , I can control the dizziness by concentrating, if that makes sense! 

I also follow this up by a few sessions at home during the week. It helps me relax and forget about my worries and I end up feeling more grounded. :-) 

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.