I have had a serotonin syndrome back in 2009

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm back on similar meds that caused the reaction I'm worried about having another one.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What's a serotonin syndrome?

• Posted

A chemical imbalance in the brain to hard to explain but not fun to go thru it trust me
  • Posted

Did your doctor prescribe the same meds? You must be really really careful, this can be very dangerous. I am sure your doc has told you what symptoms to keep an eye out for and to get help if needed? I hope it works out for you and that all goes smoothly
    • Posted

Yes she has but there is still a high risk so she and I have to be very careful because I can't mentally and physically go trough that again scary.

• Posted

Stiff muscles weakness irregular heartbeat went to paralysis had a anaphylaxis could not swallow had to have a n_g tube in hospital for 17 days 10 days in ICU that is some of what I remember but much worse.
  • Posted

What were your symptoms ?
    • Posted

Stiff muscles weakness confusion rigidity anaphylaxis feeding tube in ICU 11 days 17 total days in the hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.