Operation Day!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Because I'm only 47, my Surgeon has decided my bleeding has nothing to do with my Diverticulitis but internal piles! So today I'm off for a haemorrhoidectomy! Any one had it?? Slightly nervous for afterwards!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, about 5 years ago! Mine was an external one, op fine but v sore for 2 weeks - I found instead of having to bath after every visit to the loo, I bought a 'Sitz Bath' online which sits inside the loo which helps so much with the pain!!! Excuse loo talk!!!! I had bleeding a couple of months ago and had a CT colonography which showed I now have internal piles! But my consultant wasn't bothered, said no need to do anything. All the best.

• Posted

I've just realised I put in 47 and not 46 lol x didn't realise mine was a new procedure called thd x am in pain but I'm sure I'll get better soon x

• Posted

Yes, just take it one day at a time, the op is over and you will soon be feeling better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.