CELLULITIS?SPIDER BITE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Thank you to all those that have replied. I've just had a thought though, a few days before hubby was bitten he went to see a podiatrist as a few months before he'd hit his toe on a table leg and split his big toe nail right down the middle (OUCH) and it looked like it might have cause a fungal infection in his toe nail as it was starting to look slightly yellow, the podiatrist used a blade to scraped at the split nail to smooth it down and also scraped at any hard/rough skin on his feet, so I'm now thinking these procedures could have left him with small cuts in his feet.

CUTS + SPIDER BITE = CELLULITIS MAYBE ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Could well be, I have a fungal mail infection, u started on tablets for it a week ago.
  • Posted

Perhaps....Mine started as a cut on my small toe (3weeks prior) though there weren't any indications of excessive infection etc...then came the fever, chills redness, ulcers But there still seems a piece of the puzzle is missing...doctors are perplexed by the severity of my ulcers...but am healing quickly

• Posted

I never had a fever or chill's so maybe it's something else.

• Posted

Fever and chills suggest there is an infection, if it gets worse than that then sepsis has set in and you need to go to hospital. It is something to keep an eye out for as it can be dangerous, even life-threatening.
  • Posted

trudy any crack split athletes foot i have been told    but i had fungal toe nail and read online that vick vapour rub if you know it  as i had some tried it and low and behold it worked for me   i dont think there any thing it can cause but worth a try if hes still got it  are his legs/feet in good nick try to keep on top of them
    • Posted

I bought some Vicks last week but will try the tablets first.
    • Posted

My GP have me double base jel for my leg, it forms a barrier and is good for the skin.
    • Posted

brad its up to you  but i thought those tabs are strong   it only took a couple of times with that vick and it was away i think it went dark /black but that rubs away both big toes ones near perfect one nail mishapen but clear of fungus
    • Posted

They are very strong, but I was taking them well before I had cellulitis, how long did the Vicks take to work? Also double base jel is very good on the skin where the cellulitis is, it also forms a barrier for future protection.I an trying to come off naproxen, not had any for two days now so will see how i get on.
    • Posted

hi brad  i am not sure but only short time i dont how bad yours is but i would give a try nowt to loose i only smeared it on bottle still near top  i think dis/ nurse puts that cream on when bandage change    but i got bucket loads of cream/ moisturiser     
    • Posted

The doctor prescribed the double Base jel especially for the cellulitis,i used to add a couple of drops of Tea tree oil,which can also be used on toe nails for fungal infection,my leg got much better doing this.
  • Posted

The only cream that goes on my open wounds and surrounding area is Silver Sulfadiazine 1% which has amazing healing results...and I apply a very thin layer of petroleum jelly on any dryness around the sensitive areas to control cracking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.