Hey folks, would like some feed back on experiences with digoxin.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was put on digoxin for fast heart at 2.5mg for about 5 months. I started to get strange vision, things would gradually start disappearing from my right far vision, for example, my parents would be sitting to the right of me watching tv and I would say ' there is a funny kinda flickering in the right of my vision' and within seconds it would creep through my whole right vision till I couldn't see them anymore (my parents). Then within bout 2-3 mins of that it would start to come back. Scary. Talked to doc and he reduced digoxin and put me on a mix of digoxin amd bisoprolol, everything ok since. Anyone got sumthin happened to them similar, I'd love to hear bout it, Gar.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Early in my journey of trying a beta blocker that would not cause a bad reaction I was given digoxin. Pretty sure it was the worst by far in making me feel terrible all around.

Still not able to say that any of them do not have various bad side effects....

• Posted

Hi Doug. What are you currently on? Is there a med you would say has the least side effects?
    • Posted

I would say bisoprolol but everyone reacts differently. Lots of choices which all have side effects. Some people are fortunate that medication can work well and have not too much for negative side effects.1 have been researching possibly pace maker and ablation but everyone is different!
    • Posted

Thanks Doug. I wish you the very best! This is a long road that's for sure. A little overwhelming at times. I hope all goes well as you move forward.

• Posted

Hi Garry. I am curious are you being treated for only fast heart rate or high blood pressure as well. I am taking bisoprolol for fast heart rate and having trouble with my BP tanking at times and other side effects that are driving me crazy. I looked up your medication digoxin and it mentions only slowing heart rate and didn't mention lowering BP so may ask doc about that one however your eyesight problems are a Little scary. So you are not having any issues with the bisoprolol?

• Posted

I have been given 25mg Losartan daily for high BP and it makes it normal. No issues with Bisoprolol really just sore joints occassionaly. I take warfarin also for congealed blood in my heart, which is supposed to stop any getting out and reaching my brain. The blood pressure tablets also help take the strain off my heart according to the cardiologist.
  • Posted

I was put on 250 micrograms 9 months ago . is that the same as 2.5 mg ?

Havent had anything strange happen.   Is you heart ok now?

• Posted

Digoxin- i am on about :-)
    • Posted

Yeah it's the same amount. That's the dose I was on when I was getting funny vision so was put onto 125mg. My heart is going slower and less palpitations thankfully. Still got mitral regurgitation, might need op on the valve. I have an appointment 21st this month with my cardiologist so I'll hopefully find out more then. No one is particularly forthcoming about what's going on with me. It's like they're too busy, the cardiology waiting room at the hospital is always busy.

• Posted

Hi Garry, the symptoms you describe sound like occular migraine. I have had this for many years and on routine eye tests, three different opticians have told me they also suffer from this ! It is really scary when it happens but no permanent damage is done to the eye and blood vessels return to normal afterwards. I had this before I ever started on Bisop. Give it a Google, this will reassure you. Although its a form of migraine, usually there is no associated headache. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.