HSV-1- All symptoms, even eyes and GH. Advise on severity and should I get serious?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Should I get to the doc ASAP? Especially for the eyes? Normal HSV-1 symptoms relatively minor. GH symptoms were unbelievably bad. Went to Doc, dosing Acyclovir. GH symptoms going away but finally noticing typical HSV-1 symptoms. Could have both 1/2 (getting tested) but very very unlikely as I've been monogamus nearly all my life.

I know I've had it for many years and never been anything but very mild, just not the GH (omg wanted to die) or eye symptoms. But I know it's not impossible to transfer HSV-1 around through a variety of vectors, just not very likely.

On pretty rough doses of Acyclovir. Should I just get rest, eat well and let it run its course? When does it get serious?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The alyclovir should treat it for you unless you are allergic to the virus?

In which case you will get some of the symptoms of Steven Johnston syndrome.

You can google that to find out if you have any?

I'm allergic to it yet don't have it myself.

It's left me very ill in the past so keep an eye on your symptoms.

I'm sure you are feeling rotten though! 😰

• Posted

Nope. Just eye infection. Good lord I am getting lucky lately.
    • Posted

Nope. Just eye infection. Good lord I am getting lucky lately.

Similar symptoms to early Herpderp but Doc said Herp would have the cornea pitting very clearly under dye / blacklight even early on.

• Posted

That's good news!

I hope all clears up soon for you. It should as you are doing everything right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.