Post Op Day 5

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my bartholin gland and cyst removed on Monday, September 26 and I decided to give a post Op update (5 days post op).

I initially took one week off work but due to the cyst being larger than anticipated, I am taking a second week off. I recommend this, if like me you work a job where your primary function is sitting.

I am still very sore and feel like I will continue to be sore for a while longer. I came home after surgery and felt fine, probably because the iv medication hadn't worn off but I started to do household chores. I don't recommend this.

Day 3 and 4 were the worse. I drove for the first time today. Getting in and out of the car is difficult and painful. I will probably only drive when I need to until I feel more healed.

I will say that I have had a child and had surgery to repair a badly broken ankle, this is far more painful than both of those in my opinion.

Even with all of this, I am excited that I will more than likely never experience a cyst again.

This is just my experience so far. I will continue to keep you up to date because I know I am a "researcher" when it comes to medical issues.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Congrats. Wishing you a speedy recovery!! I'm sure all the pain you feel now will be so worth it when you experience a few years with no freaking cysts.

• Posted

Did you or are you experiencing bladder infections symptoms but not had one?
    • Posted

I had the urge to pee alot but it was never painful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.