Bunionectomy twitches? Anyone experienced this?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i had a bunionectonomy, great toe fusion and second hammer toe corrected 6 1/2 weeks ago and after this surgery When I lay down, especially at night before bed I get a sensation down my leg like an aura immediately following uncontrollable twitches and sometimes a spasam of the foot. It lasts a few seconds doest hurt (feels odd but good actually) but it aggravates my toes because they're alittle sore the next morning. It doesn't happen every night sometimes it won't happen for days. I read it's the nerves healing and this is normal. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what are your thoughts?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

not this exactly but all sorts of other twitches and tingles. The sole if my foot is still very numb after 4 weeks and the end of my big toe often tingles a lot. 

• Posted

I had mine (no hammer toe correction though) done in April and I still get twitches now.  Not the same as I did a few months after the surgery, a little different.  I wonder if they'll go away.  i think it's the blood flowing to the toe when I lay down.  I'm not sure.  It's not terrible, but definitely noticeable.

• Posted

Hi Krissy

My situation is the same but different. My surgery was botched. It's been over four years for me with a lot of pain but I do still have the muscle spasms and twitching. I asked my doc for a mild muscle relaxer and it helped a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.