Pityriasis Rosea

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been finally diagnosed as having Pytiriasis Rosea after 12 weeks and 4 GP visits. Each of the 4 GPs that I visited had no clue of what the rashes were finally I sent pics to a friend who knew someone who had the similar condition. His rashes however were resolved in 8 weeks . Its been 12 weeks since I have these rashes and they are literally all over my body, some of them have turned black in color. I have tried anti-histamines, topical steroids and even had a dose of antibiotics but the rashes still persist and are getting worse. Does tanning really work ? Is ther anyone who has been through the same issue and knows what can be done. Please. Thanms

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes tanning helps. I didn't tan until probably the 6th week and wish I would have done it sooner. It dried them out. They got a little more itchy but I could tolerate that. I covered myself in desitin at night. Coconut oil in am. Cool showers with head and shoulders as body wash helped soothe but I don't think it helped them go away. Mine lasted 5 months or so. Bless you. I'll pray you get better!!

• Posted

Yes tanning really helps. I saw an improvement after the first session. I hired a sunbed from a local company. It worked out really cheap -£45 for a week- and I could use it whenever I wanted. After a week the rash had gone. Before I hired the sun bed I used head and shoulders,sea salt, loads of creams and nothing slowed it and stopped it like the sun bed. I know they have a bad wrap and they are terrible for your skin but I remember the feeling of having PR and i would have rolled in mud if it got rid of it. Good luck.

• Posted

Yes tanning will probably help. I noticed significant improvement in mine only after exposing my rash to direct sunlight for about 40 minutes. 
  • Posted

Hi there. I really empathise as I'm still going through mine 1month since the appearance of my Herald patch. There's no miracle cure and what works for some won't necessarily work for you. I tried most things I read about on the internet but can't tell you that one yielded great results over the others.

I have been doing 5min of tanning booth every other day and the rash has dried out ( total of 4 sessions so far) but the scars are there, so are the flakes, so is the itch. I also used a topical steroid for 3 days at the same time so it child be that that dried the patches out ( the skin looks thin and burnt)

I've been taking vitamins to boost my immunity system ( mushroom extract, multi vitamin, Echinacea, vit D)

It looks like we just have to go through it...sadly.

• Posted

I just finished my 1st tanning session toady for 6 mins as I was advised to take it slow. I regret not starting weeks ago. Will keep updated if there is any improvement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.