Had hysterectomy and my ovaries was left in

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I had a hysterectomy about a year and half ago and they left my ovaries in...as anyone else if so have you still gone though the change ..I put weight on and my Mood as change and not in a good way xx

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Theresa,

I had hysterectomy 7 months ago and retained ovaries like you. I lost about 8kg to date by reduce sugar, cut off processed food, oily stuff, limit meat intake, dairies, white flour. I know it is very hard to control but need to as fat for us (or me) = convert to excess estrogen = increase chances of cancer recurrence.

I exercise a little and avoid strenuous exercise as still suffer lower back pain and pulling muscles surrounding pelvis bones.

Also suffer mood swing every month but looking at the brighter side, I am happy with as that shows ovaries still functioning well.

• Posted

Hi, sorry to give this answer but like Sue i have also lost weight but i have had no mood swings, i'm 52 and had op in April 15 and kept my ovaries.  I really watch what i eat and exercise like a mad woman though so i'm sure if i wasn't so strict on myself i could have easily put weight on.  They say that the average woman puts on about 13lbs when going through menopause so i was determined not to be average. I don't know if i have gone through the change as yet as i have not had any of the usual symptoms (i'm sure my other half would disagree) but i'm sure it can't be much longer.

• Posted

Did you go thru menopause because of surgury? I was told i wouldnt have periods anymorebut nothing about menopause symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi Simpleseminole,

Nope. Not all will go through menopause after removal of uterus with ovaries retained. I still experiences pms every month cycle and this proved that ovaries is still functioning. Not sure how long it will continue to produce hormones. Read somewhere that it may last years..

• Posted

Sue,

Im also wanting to change my diet. What are you eating mostly? Id like to drop 5 or 10 pounds.

• Posted

Hi simoleseminole,

My diet after hysterectomy -

NO LIST:

Stop consuming chicken totally (most chicken are hormone jab),

limit or no processed food (i.e. Hotdogs, bacon, fast food, instant noodles, simple pre heat microwave meals, cakes, biscuits, chips), white sugars and sweet titbits, oily and fried food, chilly, dairies incl cheese, butter, ice creams, chocolates (worry bout estrogen), white bread, less salt and preserved food (pickles like olive, cucumber)

WHAT I EAT:

Lots of fruits and vegetables, tofu, soyabean, fresh nuts (research said walnut and almond the best to reduce recurrence risk), choose brown or whole wheat bread and pasta, use whole wheat flour instead of white flour if you bake your own bread, rice, some fish and sometimes few slices of red meat, eggs, organic meats (if possible), low sugar content wholewheat muesli bar (I love uncle Toby's that I bought from Australia but I can't get it in Asia), organic cereal drinks (like beetroot blend with oats, almond powder, chia seeds -- sound yucky right :-( ), exercise (lots of it as Doctor asked), home cook meals, drink lots of plain water or could squeeze some lemon juice into plain water (no sugar pls), drink green tea,

Wow! Sorry my list is pretty long. Hope it helps. Oh, by the way, I am still on Chinese herbs prescribed by Chinese oncologist I consult few weeks after my surgery. I am worried as my western medicine gynae onco did not put me on any medication nor adjuvant therapy.

• Posted

Im going to try this, unfortunately Im clinically OCD and have obsessed about sickness so Im afraid to eat anything, hows organic flax cereal with almond milk?
  • Posted

Theresa,

I had surgury a week ago and believe im suffering hot flashes. I have had a fever for three days so its hard to tell weather its fever breaking or actual hoy flash. I am only on my 3rd day of antiobiotics so i gues timewill tell. Trying to stay positive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.