Eye Pain when Blinking

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I woke up today and felt like there was an eyelash or something in my eye. But it didn't really bother me. I got up and took a shower. I went to rub water out of my eyes, and then my right eye started hurting...like I rubbed an eyelash or piece of dust or something into it. And now it hurts when I blink. I've looked and can't seem to find an eyelash. Should I flush it out with water? This stuff makes me very, very nervous. 

Thanks..

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I would wash the eye with eye wash or if not, just water, and if the feeling doesn't go, you could go to the Dr, as they can roll the eyelid back and have a proper look.

• Posted

It might work its own way out during the night. Flushing it with water might flush it higher in.
    • Posted

Probably would have worked its way out if just an eye lash.Sharp gris is the problem. 
  • Posted

you can evert upper eyelid, foreign bodies usaually rest there, then use a clean moisted cotton bud to remove it.
  • Posted

Update -- Thanks for the advice. I went to see my Doctor and he looked under my eyelid and even dyed my eye to look for scratches and abrasions. I don't have any scratches, and so he thinks my irritation is being caused by allergies. Which is good news....I just hope the allergy meds make it go away. It's very annoying. Anyway, thanks again! I'll update again if anything changes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.