What's going on?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay, so because of post-coital bleeding, pain, brown clots, watery disharge etc I had a smear. All came back normal.

Sent for a trans-vaginal scan and was told everything was okay.

Ca125 bloods - all clear.

Called to gynacologist (after all clears) who did a womb biopsy on me - no warning (bloody worst thing ever experienced). Told me cervix was red and I may need to have scans of my chest etc when the results come back.

Not sure what to expect now. Has anyone had the all clear to be told there's an issue?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hmm, first of all I've no medical training but from personal experience of brown clots and watery discharge and red cervix, mine turned out to be cervical erosion. I had laser treatment for it and that it was it cured. Doesn't sound like a very sympathetic gynaecologist and don't understand chest X-rays! Next time you see someone, ask them to explain further. Good luck.

• Posted

A womb biopsy? Did you have a hysteroscopy? This should have been explained to you before it was done and  you should have signed a consent form for this as it is an intrusive procedure.    Are you in UK?

The red cervix could mean an infection,or some abnormal cells[not cancer]. Sounds like a gynaecologist with no idea of how to treat his patients with care and consideration.      If you are in UK have a word with your GP who should be able to tell you what all this means. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.