I have l4 and l5 prolasped disc and I've been on medication for nearly a year don't know what ican

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im on liquid morphine and tablet morphine, amptriplyn, omperzole, and gabapentin im always in pain I've been in and out of doctors and hospitals for a year, they lost my MRI scan for three months and they say i cant have surgery i don't know what else to do as i am in too much pain to have phsio im only 21 years old and i can barely do anything im not allowed to work or go places on my own and need constant care its affecting my life and family is there anything i can do

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I havehad similar problem i had severe left leg pain unbearable with even a sheet on at night i had catscan it showed l4/l5 slipped disc impinging nerve a synovial cyst on right side degeneration changes and l6/sacrum with nerve impinged had steroid shot for l4/l5 left side prescribed lyrica and it helped 50% but have no knee reflex left leg Waited to see surgeon had MRI 3mths later and when i saw surgeon it shows i now have no nerve impingment and disc slipp is less but i still have weakness left leg and no knee reflex so i am the same i go back in 4 weeks to see him but still have back pain and and cannot walk far without stopping so no quick fix for me either and i am also depressed as life is so different from 6 months ago i have always been active so hope you get help soon 
  • Posted

Hi

So sorry to hear how much pain your in and being so young wants to make me cry for you ...?i fund thebirskbsliw rtlease morphine tablets and oral a big help ... I'm also on Lyreco which is a tablet that treats the nerve and I find that very good ... it could be wkrth asking your doctor about

Hi this helps and good luck x

• Posted

Heck that's a lot of meds. I have the same plus s1 I just have lyrics and pazital ....paracetamol and 38 PC tramadol.

I'm only joking when I say its not Preston hospital by any chance. I too have had MRI and my whole file lost in India years ago. Caused me a lot of pain waiting and its not funny is it

I think they would say you are young for an op. Sometimes...I only say some times if you have a fused disc the disc above or below can herniate. But know how you must feel I was in my early 30s when I slipped down the stairs and had physio and all sorts of alternative care. I tried a tens machine. No good. You name it I have had it I'm 72 now and no nearer getting help but that's the health service. Don't even think of private health either. I thought I had the best and that was 7000£down the drain.

• Posted

Michelle having problems with wifi, I would change drs but go to a yoga class street hung is really fantastic for leg pain.
  • Posted

Hi Michael, im really sorry to hear how much pain youve been in and at such a young age, but would just like to say that you can heal from this.

I am 44 and was diagnosed with  L5/S1 disc herniation with canal stenosis and right s1 root compression, basically a very large disc bulge, 2 months ago after suffering with very bad sciatica for about 18 months, thought i was stuck with it for life, i couldnt do anything, couldnt sit, stand, lay down, sleep, drive without pain, had to have a bath on my knees.

There was only 2 exercises/stretches i could do which i have mentioned in other discussions which was the standing lumbar extension (standing up with hands on back of back and gently leaning backwards) and the other one which i found on youtube was where you lean over to the opposite side of your pain, so if your pain is down your right side then lean over to your left, kind of a yoga exercise and this opens up your spine and takes pressure off the bulge and stops pressure on the nerves and vice versa if the pains on the left side, lean to the right. i swear after doing these for 1 week i was feeling alot better, now just over a month and i have no pain at all, havent needed a painkiller for weeks. Please just try these and let me know how you get on, obviously if you get pain dont do them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.