What do you think?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had something going on with my body for years. In 2008, I was dizzy, nauseated, and had numbness and tingling. It lasted for a year. All tests during that time were normal.

Fast forward to July of this year, and I had a severe episode of vertigo. I saw an ENT and he did a battery of tests which showed that I had a 40% deficit in my left ear. He also ran a bunch of blood work for things that could cause vertigo. MRI was negative. 

My my blood work came back, and it is all over the place! 

Very low Vit D

Very low ferritin

Low B12

Positive ANA homogenous

High IGG EBV VCA

High IGG EBV ENBA

I'm tired, feel like I'm on a boat, and random numbness and tingling. My PCP and ENT are working together trying to figure out what's going on. 

Any ideas?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi...it sounds a lot like Lupus. I have Behcet's which is similar and had all of your symptoms. The positive ANA is normally found in Lupus.

Are you UK based?

• Posted

The Vasculitis Fouñdation there would give you good guidance on how to get a diagnosis and also maybe explain symptoms to you. There is a particular type of migraine that goes with Lupus. I too get it with Behcet's. It is pretty horrific. I too get the weird seasick feeling numbness etc. I am happy to say medication is compketely controlling my symptoms at the moment

• Posted

Looking at your post again I got extreme vertigo too. All my scans were normal. Auto immune diseases can attack the central nervous system. These illnesses are characterised by inflammation in the system and that can happen in the central nervous system as it did with me. I had inflammation in the brain stem. For many of us that can be controlled with treatment.
  • Posted

I have been feeling the samne and being fobbed up by all the gps at my surgery I have felt like this for only 2-3months but its horrible and makes day to day life difficult. I am yet too see any specalists but as my blood test came back with high cpr of 29 im due too have more bloods done next week. I know how you feel and hope you can get some answers soon
  • Posted

Niacin B-6 was a help when I had the same symptoms. Now I take a vit B complex evey day no more nagging symptoms. Ask for a full bloo work up to check for vit or mineral,deficiencies.

Nerve damage age can be serious I vit B's are low. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.