How many suffer with Hair loss

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've always been told the hair loss in my eyebrows was alepecia as a result of stress

Since I've been diagnosed & had a lot of descussions with some suffers I've since found out a lot of my symptoms are in fact due to having HH

I've always suffered hair loss in my eyebrows from time to time over the last few years

But due to my past personal circumstances my GP put it down to stress

It's only now after reading about HH I've realised it's one of the symptoms

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have that symptom too. They don't grow back - do yours?

• Posted

No 😓 so it would seem

It's so frustrating & embarrassing

It takes me ages in the mornings to do my make up because of my eyebrows

I have hair down to my bum

But thankfully it hasn't affected my hair so far

Though it is very coarse which my hair dresser pointed out the other day when had my ends trimmed

• Posted

WOW.  My hair dresser is the one that pointed out that I was losing a lot of hair a few years ago.  I still have several spots that are thinning or gone.  I had no idea it was connected.  Does anything help?  I realized late that the Hair, Skin and Nails formulas have iron in them, but perhaps just biotin? 
    • Posted

I had no idea either until today when I googled the illness

Sadly there's a lot of symptoms which each individual suffer

Just seems I've got all the known symptoms that's been listed

Though I do have a few incurable illnesses but all symptoms seem to be related to the HH

• Posted

I was shocked when I first started reading into HH symptoms - everything from depression/anxiety to heart problems to I don't know what else...  It's frustrating...  you spend years getting treated for the individual symptoms only to finally find it's all related! 

• Posted

I had some hair loss on my legs before I was diagnosed. Then after diagnosis and de-ironing, it has almost all come back
    • Posted

I'm so hoping mine does too as it's really stressing me out majorally to the extent I've looked into hair replacement on NHS as severally depressing me to the point it's making me paranoid now

• Posted

I lost significant hair - all over.  Head, eyebrows, legs, arms, under arms and pubic area.  My iron is now at a normal level and I have not noticed a significant re-growth.  Some, but I am also taking both Biotin and Vitamin E.  I have about a third less hair on my head than I used to and less than half what I did on my arms and legs.  I have seen both my regular doctor and a dermatologist and neither could explain it other than "stress"  It's been very frustrating.  

• Posted

It really is frustrating but mainly embarrassing

I so far only suffer with my eyebrows with hair loss which I find very difficult to cope with

As being a main feature on your face & struggle getting them straight & even

All my symptoms have also been put down to stress though TBH I think now I've been with HH , I think a lot of it is due to the illness itself

I'm exactly the opposite everywhere else as have to keep up with hygiene so to speak

Who knows I find I have to do every day which I find strange in itself

I really hope they find some remedy or cure for all our symptoms soon as the illness itself is a lot to handle in itself :-(

I wish you all the very best & take my hat off to you all to have had to cope with it all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.