Endo/Colon Terrified and Looking some similar stories or Experiences

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the past year I've been dealing (unknowingly) with ulcers in my stomach. I have recently been taking meds to cure it and they're working! Although with one drug (a PPI) I've had a terrible experience and had to stop it after 8 days. The Very first day off of it I had diarrhea and blood in it. Not a lot but enough to scare me. I assumed it was the med and brushed it off. It's been a full week now and the diarrhea is gone but every time I pass a stool, there's some blood in some of it and also on the toilet paper. It's not a huge amount but definitely notice it every time. Now in the past I have had some minor bleeding after a hard stool or something like that but it always goes away within a day or two. I went to the ER to get checked out a few days ago and they ran a few tests that were fine. Not Anemic. But I did have 1 external Hemorrhoid. They of course said it could be internal hemorrhoids as well. I was pretty calm and not worried until a colonoscopy was suggested as further testing. I'm really worried now and thinking back to all of my symptoms. Bright red blood in stool. Itchy rectum sometimes. Some random abdominal pain that I thought was my ovaries or pelvis( that's where it's located). Some Gas here and there. Loss of appetite from the ulcer. Fatigue but I'm on medication. Nausea Randomly. Which I also assumed was the ulcer. I'm 27 years old and going through way too many problems for a generally healthy person.

I'm currently booked for an Endoscopy to check on my ulcers so they added that right on. Has anyone had any similar experience with this? I'm okay with getting both procedures done but not exactly thrilled about it being the same day! Also the thought of starving the whole day before sounds unbearable. I get weak and sick if I don't eat enough in a day, I'm already 112lbs! If anyone has a story they can share about their situation id love to not feel so alone. Thank You!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey ShanR33

I am going through all of the things you mentioned. I'm having my colonoscopy and endoscopy Tuesday and will let you know. The bright blood usually only indicates hemmoriods or anal fissure. Just increase your fiber intake but not by much as it caused me upset stomach. I've lost 20 pounds in one month from not being able to eat. I hope everything goes well. I'll let you know

Good luck

• Posted

Hi. ShanR

i hope you are dealing with everything ok.  The worry of everything and what happens is worse than the tests.  I'm a big baby and have health anxiety and if I can do it you can I'm positive.  Are you having Moviprep for the Colonscopy?  You didn't say.  It I think wasn't as bad if it is that I googled about it and got lime cordial and straws in and I didn't feel sick or weak I have read on here a lot of people didn't.  They do suggest Colonscopy to rule out things as otherwise they wouldn't know and they gave you sedative before it.  I can hand on heart say I could have another one done if I ever had to as the worry before was far worse,  a few years ago I had itchy bum and blood and I had piles, I bet they are piles or you can get fungal in that area also.  Please don't worry, it's hard over the Internet getting things across but I agree with the other poster about piles.  As they are bright red blood and itching.   I had a prolapse and when they suggested colonoscopy I thought why what do they suspect but the dr reassured me it was to check everything. 

You our will honestly be glad you had the tests done as the not knowing anything and being ignorant to it is far worse.  Plus the nurses and Drs are so nice and are used to how scared we are,  

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies. I got a call this morning from the hospital nursing staff to go over general questions before the big day. I have given it some thought and as of now cancelled the colonoscopy. I am still going to get the Endo done though. I do however intend on rescheduling the colonoscopy for another day if my problem persists. I just was not into having them both done the same day. I feel like it would stress me out more and be way harder on me. I also am becoming more and more convinced that it really is piles. Do those just go away on their own? Or do they require some type of medical attention? there was much less blood today when I went. Followed by the itching. I'm noticing the itching much more now that I think of it. I know there's only one way to find out for sure so I will keep a close eye on it. Also I'm glad to know it really wasn't a bad experience. I will be so relieved once they're all said and done.

• Posted

Hi ShanR,

youre welcome.  I understand cancelling the colonoscopy I debated God knows how many times but I didn't have endoscopy done I couldn't of had both done but the sedative will make you feel less anxious.  

Re. The piles mine went through cream for piles and the torpedoes you push up, gross I know but what the heck I'll just say, it plus I got liquid oil type thing from GP to make stools easier to pass as I got tiny tears in that area that was 2011and touch wood they haven't come back, I remember adding more fibre and fluid.  Hope that helps the cream should stop you itching though, I don't know if you've tried that. 

I saw my consultant she asked if I had had blood I said no and she said bright red bloodis usually always piles 👍🏻😄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.