Sleeping alot during day

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

My husband is on Digoxin, Bisoprolol and Pradax for Atrial Fibrillation.  He gets very tired during the day and usually has to have about a 2 hour sleep in the afternoon and will still fall asleep in the evening.  Every tablet you ever look at suggests tiredness as a potential side effect, but has anyone found either of these 3 a likely culprit in particular?

Thanks

Carol Rooje

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi carol

Im also on bisoprolol.2.5 mgs. Its either my dosage is just right or its the right meds suited for me...i dont experience sleepiness at daytime. And i do sleep well at night. Can you ask your husband if he experiences nightmares or bad dreams at night while sleeping? I do have those most of the time. Since bisoprolol slows my heartbeat.bad dreams in a way makes it beat faster... And yes i have arythmia. I hope i could share some insights. Hope things get better for your husband

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your reply, no fortunately he dosnt seem to suffer sleep disturbances
  • Posted

I was originally on 2.5 of bisop tpo, but haf to halve it, then ended up changing to verapamil as i was totally wiped out all of the time. Im now off that too, as it wasnt doing anything positive for me or my episodes.
    • Posted

That's interesting to hear, so it perhaps is the Bisoprolol. We will follow it up at the next clinic, thank you for your reply

Regards Carol

• Posted

I am on metapropolol and eliquis. Nap every day. Twenty minutes is usually enough to perk me back up. Let the man sleep. It's good to keep away afib.

• Posted

Ha ha, okay, maybe I'll join him! Thanks for your reply

Regards Carol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.