Bartholin Cyst excised 5 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 weeks ago I had an operation to have a bartholin cyst excised as it abcessed and the cyst came back. I've already had 2 operations so cant bare to go through this again, I just wondered how long people experienced pain for after? I get twinges and pains (more of a sore feeling) atleast everyday I recently had my smear done as doctors said it would be okay to do so. I keep getting checked out as I'm so scared its gunna abcess again, I've tried to do everything in my power to eating/drinking less sugar and making sure I clean as good as I can down there and sit on a doughnut ring at work. Doctors said its scar tissue causing it to feel hard (but in my head I keep thinking its coming back) Just wanted to know if anyone else still experiences pain and what they do or if there is anything i can put down there. I read vaseline is good but for fresh wounds but dunno if that would work down there lol.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Laura,

Ive had the same thing. I've had 8 all together and actually another one currently. We may have found a route cause to mine though.

The Bartholin cyst is caused by the gland being blocked (rough sex) ( not wet enough during sex) (riding a bicycle to long) then the cyst can get infected... how you ask? (Boyfriend goes down on you and had a wisdom tooth out the week before and he had a little infection in his mouth) (swollen intestines which makes going to the bathroom difficult) (or the common cold)

So to try and prevent from getting them over and over yo I don't need to get whatever infection out of your body and then try and prevent anything that may make it difficult for your gland to work properly.

I'm sorry for the long message but I want to help as many woman with this as possible seeing I know how horrible it really is.

*Jessica

• Posted

I'm hoping its gone this time because this is the first time they've actually removed the cyst. I Cant bare to go through it anymore, I've lost in total about £1,000 due to having time off work 3 times this year. I just wanted to know if there was anything to help with scar tissue/healing process.

• Posted

I heareally ya with work! My scar tissue went basically gone after about 1 month to 1.5 months. I gentle messaged the scar tissue to loosen the tissue and I believe that definitely helped! You literally couldn't tell that I had 8 cyst 4 surgerys and 2 natural pops.

Do you have a little hole from where they took the cyst out? Some people don't which means it heals even faster. But some do, I did and that was non existent after 2 months.

• Posted

No, no hole. The doctor said it had healed like 2 weeks after surgery but said inside would probably take 3 months, they said id always have a scar. I get told different things by each other though rolleyes

• Posted

Laura24725, you are not alone! I was just thinking about posting about this today.

I have had 4 cysts in the past year. This last episode my one cyst lasted 1.5 weeks and the second 2 weeks. The second one started forming 3 days before the other popped so they were both inflammed and became abscessed. I went to the doc and got antibiotics and they eventually went away.

Now, there are bumps where they were infected and there's still a bit of a sting every now and then when I pee. I was also told that's just scar tissue and there's not much you can do about it. I have found that continuing with the hot baths for 10 minutes a night helps soothe whatever is leftover. It sucks and idk if it will ever go away but I understand your frustration and pain! I wouldn't wish this on anyone!

• Posted

Your cyst is still there, and will not go away unless popped or removed. But that is fantastic the antibiotic helped it like that!!
    • Posted

Lucky it went with antibiotics, mine enlarged due to antibiotics and popped literally 2 mins before surgery. Mine stings a little sometimes after wee'ing glad its not just me!! Im the worse worrier!!

• Posted

Yes, they both popped and I made sure they were both drained. Yes, I'm thankful the antibiotics helped as well!

• Posted

So am I!! And the sensation is TERRIBLE! Every time it happens I panic and think it's coming back and get so sad and mad! They are literally the worst. I'm so happy its not just me either! I panicked a little this morning when it happened but all other pees have been fine. Darn bartholin cyst wink

• Posted

Yes mine stung this morning too haha. They are literally the worse cyst ever.
    • Posted

I'm glad I found this site though because talking about it and knowing you aren't alone is very helpful. No one else I know suffers from these so I felt very alone and "dirty" if that makes sense. Now I try to wash down there as much as possible!

• Posted

Yeah i felt like this and now I know its not really my fault. Mine came about before even having sex alot used to have it once in a blue moon I had the cyst for 4 years before it got infected this year then its been hell going forward.
  • Posted

Hi there! I feel your pain, I had the same surgery after my 8th cyst. By the time I had the surgery, even thinking about the cyst returning would cause a panic attack. My excision was done several months ago (May or June), I experienced the same random sort of sharp pains, and a hard area where they did the surgery. My doctor told me it's very normal, and now the pain has gone away. The tissue is still a little hard, but I'm now very confident it will not be making a reappearance

• Posted

Im exactly the same I feel better being told that its normal and others experience the same pain. I've had about 8 lots of antibiotics this year I dont think they work no more. I just try to get on with it but when I feel a pain I instantly think bad and being down there isnt easy to forget when you have to wipe near the area, sit on it & try get on with sexual activities (which i havent really done yet, im scared that will cause it to come back)

• Posted

I was the same way, I called my doctor about 10 times after the surgery because I was so worried about it returning, but I'm not worried about it really anymore. It feels like this giant weight I've been carrying around for years is gone! I would wait for sex still, especially if your still having the sudden pains. We had tried once about six weeks post op (heat of the moment thing lol), but after that waited again about another five weeks. At first there's a little bit of pain where the incision was, similar to the sudden sharp pains, but it goes away within a minute. I'd definitely recommend using some good lube, it's good to have it a little extra, even if you don't normally have any dryness issues.

• Posted

Yeah lol. We havent done anything like that he has used his hands but not inserted but next day its felt a little sore. I feel bad because we havent had sex in like 2 months. Im just hoping to get my birthday out the way without having it ruined due to this coming backor hurting. My bday is friday so will be 6 weeks post op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.