What is the most effective treatment for Morton's Neuroma?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have you had treatment for a Morton's Neuroma? If so, what has worked for you? Have you had surgery, did you try a natural approach, cryotherapy or a steroid injection? Thank you...biggrin

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mother Jo,

I had a morton's neurectomy, and unfortunately, I hurt more now than before my surgery. The bump I felt when I walked is gone, but I now have burning searing nerve pain.  Good luck with your decision. I'm sure I'm an outlier. 

• Posted

Surgery!  I had one removed 25 years ago between the 3rd & 4th metatarsal.  Hardly down anytime at all and it has never returned.  

• Posted

Shots to my toes did not work.  Messaging the toes and ball of foot (top and bottom) works.  Toe gel pads worked but caused chafing.
  • Posted

I am going to have surgery in December for my Mortons. Get surgeon to check if your 2nd/3rd toes. New surgeon has found out mine are too long so need them broken bit chopped off the bone and wired back together. He said that is what has caused the Mortons. Ha don't it injected 3 times without success. X

• Posted

I have two, one between the 2nd and 3rd toe and one between the 4th and 5th , I had a injection in August between the 4th and 5th toe but it has made it so much worse, I assume they did not do the injection right. 

I now have a appointment to see someone at the hospital to discuss my options . They never told me I had two when I had the injection and I was never told it could make it worse , I would not of had it done if I was told that . I am wondering to have cryro surgery, has anybody had this ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.