Negative pregnancy test two weeks after positive

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm just baffled...

Took 3 pregnancy tests two weeks ago, after being a day late. They all came back positive. One clear blue and two cheap Tesco ones. My breasts have enlarged since and are sore and I was nauseous.

The nausea stopped a week ago. Started bleeding and cramping yday. Went to doc today... nothing showed on ultrasound. Pregnancy test came back negative.

They looked at me as if I was weird and if I was never pregnant.

Could I have miscarried last week and only started bleeding yday with the pregnancy hormones already gone

I'm so confused, shocked and baffled

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could of miscarried the day u took the tests and only expelling it now thats why they dont recommend testing very early. Once u miscarry hormone levels drop to non pregnant rapidly in hours def within days its sad but try and not dwell on it grieve if u need to but start again after next normal cycle
    • Posted

Thanks for your response! I just felt like such an idiot today... they looked at me as if i was making it up that i was pregnant (or at least had those 3 positive tests... two days apart) thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.