venlafaxine side effects, how long..?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am just 14 days into my first course of venlafaxine and am experiencing dreadful exhaustion, nausea and night sweats. I have read that this is not unusual, BUT I am wondering how long these side effects are likely to last..? I am assuming that they will eventually settle down..?! As I feel so awful I can barely leave my bed, let alone the house..and want my life to get better, not worse..!!! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bethan,

It's early days yet for you re tiredness and nausea, in the same way they take a whole before you get the therapeutic benefits.

Sorry to disappoint but the sweats have never gone away in 15 years of this treatment. I get sweats from the least effort, in fact even concentrating on a task can cause a sweat. I've adapted to this in many ways, not all good but I suppose I've learned to live with this unpleasant nuisance.

• Posted

How much are you on ? These symptoms should get better after about four weeks ! If they don't GI back to see your doctor.

• Posted

Sorry you're feeling so bad. It won't last - I felt terrible for about three weeks then it gradually settled down. To be honest it did take a couple of months for them to really kick in but now after four months I'm doing fine. No sweats !! Good luck

• Posted

Hi

I'm on day 8

Still feel really sick am hoping its going to pass but having such severe exaughstion

GP says give it at least 2 weeks but I'm starting to panic its not going to pass

• Posted

How are you getting on with venlafaxine? I'm on 75mg for 4 weeks now feel sick and not feeling any better mentally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.