terrible withdrawal

Posted , 7 users are following.

anybody else have stomach cramps ,stopped 3 week ago and had headaches ,dizzy, fuzzy ears, nausea,and now got cramps in stomach ,

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi May, yes I have been suffering with withdrawal symptoms from Mirtzapine. I don't have headaches usually, but recently I have had all the symptoms you mentioned.

Depending how brave you are, you could up the dose a little till you feel you can cope. It's not easy but done slowly I believe, through reading peoples posts on here that you it is manageable.

If in doubt then speak to your doctor. Hope your soon feeling better.

• Posted

I cut down from 15- 7.5- 3.75. Got really bad stomach cramps and abdominal pains on cut to 3.75 had to go back to 7.5

Had dizziness, nausea too but that's gone. Just abdominal problems remaining

• Posted

Hi May

Sorry to read of your discontinuation symptoms, these are common, usually with a too quick a taper I think.    How did you taper May?  And how long for each time ... if it gets unbearable, and only you know how much is enough, it is always possible to reinstate at a lower dose than your last dose.  Keep in touch with your doctor, let them know how terrible this is for you - doctors, p'docs don't seem to know how difficult it is to taper/stop Mirt' ~ I hope your suffering will improve for you.

Best wishes.

• Posted

I must have been incredibly lucky when I stopped mirt after being on 30 for 18 months the weight gain was horrendous and I tapered down to nil in about 2 weeks, I wonder why most get such awful WD when I didn't, lucky or just nature of the beast, I was prescribed them for insomnia rather than anxiety or depression, would this have made tge difference do you think?

• Posted

HI Rosieogrady

Indeed you are very lucky... fingers crossed. By the way are you on other medicines currently or meds free..???

• Posted

Hi Toni, I was lucky I'm off mirt now since early July and have to say it helped my sleep pattern, I'm only on bog standard meds for arthritis and cholesterol, but still take my zopiclone at night, I am losing weight but it terribly hard, that mirt has a lot to answer for! The ONLY reason I came off was because of weight gain, if I hadnt hear the Jeremy Vine chat show on BBC RADIO 2 regarding anti depressants and weight gain I would never have known, I'm not sorry I went on them because I am sleeping better even without them, hope you get on ok

• Posted

How are you doing now May? I see your post was 6 days ago. Please update. I am starting mirtazapine taper today. Scarey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.