Hydradentis suppurativa 😢

Posted , 3 users are following.

How do you cope with this? Iv had this for years now but theyou seem to be appearing in new places and I'm struggling to cope mentally with it now..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey... I'm sorry to hear. First of all, this forum has been a big help. Not just because of the knowledege shared but because talking to ppl who go through it too - helps. Just like you're doing now.

You are not alone. This thing sucks, bad. It hurts physically and mentally. Living with pain is exahusting. Dealing with its development is tough, especially as it spreads. But maybe it will help to remember - breakouts can pass; remissions come over life; and thankfully this is not a life threatening disease. I know it's not too much of a comfort, but sometimes it helps me to think of it this way. Hope.

I also try learn if there's something that helps.. and hope for remission.. and wefind support. Therapists, friends who can relate to having some sort of condition etc...

I can tell you from my expereince (which is definelty different for everyone) my mental pain was mostly due to socializing and hobbies - I am now 32 yrs old (female), and it started around 24. At around 30 I made a decision to not stop living because of it - instead - make my surroundings live with it. What do I mean? I used to abstain from certain activities, skipping things I love like the beach and wearing dresses and dating when I have outbrakes, becaue of the scars and looks and sometimes smell. Then... realizing I was miserable, I decided everyone else can deal with the way it looks just fine... I'm the one left with the pain so they really don't have any reason to complain about just the look of it wink So yeah I get the odd looks for I cannot shave my armpits and they are all scarred, but, I go to the beach! And friends sometimes stare too and I explain to them - one of the risks of this disease is depression because you are isolated socially by it - so if you're my friend don't get me down - this is a part of me, just like someone has crohn or diabetes or herpes. For the most part, this helps.

Work is more problematic, I don't feel comfortable sharing there. So I picked one colleague who I can vent to when the HS inhibits me or make my work so much harder. 

Also, meditation, mindfullness and visualization help me through outbrakes. 

It all hurts on so many levels; I really hope this forum is able to help you in the slightest way and that you will find some comfort in something.

With great sympathy. 

Bella

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your reply, reading through that made me realise it's not the end of the world..currently going through an outbreak in the armpit..seems to be the place atm for the same one to keep causing me pain, the doctors have referred me to dermatology and if they can't help, surgery is next..it's the reassuring one I my armpit that gets me down alot due to the pain and not being able to pick my daughter up for a cuddle sometimes..but iv found ways around it and hope that I can start to think positive and not negative...so thankyou Bella you've helped me think in a different way..xx

• Posted

Actually the thing that worked for me is them doing a hysterectomy and putting me on a strong dose of estrogen. I haven't had a break out in two months.

• Posted

Hi Sammie

I had HS for 4 years Under both armpit I know what your going through I was depress I had 2 drop out of college for a year and quit my job. My last surgery was last year Dec 2015, i was tired of dealing with the pain I decided 2 do my own research because both the Doctor was giving me weren't working. I stared taking tumeric pills it's the best I haven thought hadn't a other outbreak since then. I also drink a lot water,aleo vero. Try it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.