heart disease or anxiety, please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 28 male, married. i have had missed beats in my heart since childhood, however it didnt bother me so much maybe i didnt understand what it was. 

Last three yeasr of my life was ruined because of new heart symptoms starting from tachicardia, bradicardia, irregular heart beat, missed beats, palpitations. I read a lot of articles about anxiety, thinking it is anxiety related as docotrs said, now it looks more serous, i have now, sudden urge to cough, pain in left hand, upper stomach pain, upper back pain, palms and legs sweating, electric like feeling all around my jaws face, neck, o my god so many things. And finally i am having attack like pain sharp one in my heart area, that makes me very weak afterwards. ECG is showing lately 1 degree AV block, and some other changes not just tachicardia. But doctors dont seem to be worriying or maybe thinking its not that serious. So many times i have been in Emergance room, blood anaysys, holter, i am confused now, have 2 babies wife, dont feel like dying, just not ready yet for it.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What have the Drs said exactly...? What was your discharged with?
    • Posted

cardiologist said that there is nothing serious with my heart, in spite of some changes in ecg and everthing i explained like pains, palpitations, stomach bloating. I think there might be other more seroius disease which causing for my heart, which i am afraid the doctors might miss.

Coz i have sometimes severe itchiness as well.

ecg: sinus rhythm av block 1, one day it showed, even left artial enlargement (which doctor said ecg might make mistakes).

Thank you Jay for answering this.

• Posted

for ifections no, coz there was no infections found in my blood, as far as im concerned.
  • Posted

My husband has heart failure, diagnosed by echo cardiogram in cardiologists clinic.

His left ventricle is seriously enlarged or stretched.

We have a regiem we follow, eat healthy, no salt, he weighs himself every day first thing in the morning, and if his weight changes suddenly it is an emergency, and we go back to the hospital.

I also watch him for dizzy episodes, or changes in his regular routine, and I have a blood pressure monitor with heart beat rate recorder, and I do random checks and also record in our diary any results that I share with Dr's, they have been known to take photocopies of pages of our diary.

If cardio's have checked you out and said nothing worth worrying about I would believe them, you have covered most of the care my husband has had, incl holter monitor, at home and in the hospital.

Is it possible that anxiety is causing your stomach to produce tooo much acid, acid reflux can cause a cough, try to sleep at night on a pile of pillows rather than flat, and see if that helps with pain, also get rid of the stimulants, coffee for example, been a big help for my husband with acid reflux, and he was a huge coffee drinker.

• Posted

Thank you Lyn for taking your time and writing. It is good to heart that you husband is getting better. Yes it was hart failure which i was afraid of. Dr.s keep saying saying that i have an axiety rather than heart disease, however you will get confused with all these sypomts which are almost the same with serious heart problems. What I really afraid is that my anxiety might be covering some more serious disease. I even thought it might be from kidneys. Coz i used to urinate more often than normal people do and back pains, foamy urines and all. But it seems normal as the dr.s say. I dont know. I even had MRI test for stomach. Well I dont know..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.