Working with pain if foot.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dealing with PF, in my right foot, for a little over a year. I have heel pain with pain also going down the outside of my foot. I walk around 10-12 miles a day, at work, on concrete. I just got through wearing a walking boot for 6 weeks. One week back at work and pain is as bad, if not wosre, before going to the dr. I have had a couple of shots in the side of my foot, but that only helped for a few days. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Patrick,  I am a retired physician and plantar fasciitis patient.  My plantar fasciitis began around February 2016.  After about four months, it completely resolved. 

Here's what I think.  Plantar fasciitis is inflammation in the area of the attachment of the plantar fascia to the heel bone.  This begins from trauma and/or some minimal tearing of the plantar fascia (just a few fibers) that results, naturally, in inflammation which is the body's way of healing any tissue injury.  Inflammation hurts until it heals and resolves.  

So what's so difficult about curing P.F.?  Well we walk on it!!!  Let's say we take 5000 steps a day.  Imagine inflammation of your elbow, (i.e. tennis elbow).  Imagine taking your sore "tennis elbow" and wacking it against the wall, 5000 times a day.  Think it would heal quickly?  I don't either.

So my cure for plantar fasciitis is cushion, cushion and cushion!!!  That's right - cushion your heel!!!  Here's what I did.  First, I wore the plantar fasciitis "relief bridge" gel-heel innersole in my shoes - that I got at Walgreen's for about $11.  (I plan to use them indefinitely in my shoes.)  Then I wear a pair (usually) of nice thickish sox.  On my heel I wore fasciitis therapy wrap padded supports that I got on the internet for about $13.  (I don't wear them any more.)  So when I had my PF, under my heels I had 3 cushion layers.  I wore this about 24 hours a day - except when in the shower or swimming.  And after about 4 months, the PF was totally gone. 

That's what I think.  I hope this helps you and the many other sufferers of plantar fasciitis.   

• Posted

If you not finding anything is helping for you PF, dont neglect the muscles in your calf. You could have a tight muscle in the calf which is causing the discomfort in you foot. This is exactly what im going through at the moment. If u have any specific sore spots in you calf when you push on them, massaging them may relieve you discomfort. Worth a try, it dosent cost anything.
  • Posted

Im starting to wonder if anything helps it. Ive had it for 2 years and have literally tried everything but surgery. I had to quit my job in february after 10 years because i just couldnt do it anymore. I got to go back to my doctor tomorrow because my pain is so much worse. The one thing that gives me a little relief id rolling around a frozen water bottle with my foot.
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies !! I have been going to the foot dr for a couple of months. No help so far!! Wearing Brooks Beast shoe & have tried several others and they dont stop the pain. Trying the calf stretching & been icing for over a year.

• Posted

I bought a Strassburg sock and been wearing it at night for about 5 days so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.