HS on labia and buttocks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Someone please help! I'm 18 very active and HS is slowing me down. I have eight lesions down there right now and they hurt. They're on my labia, under my buttocks, and in between my buttocks. It hurts to walk to sit, and even laying with my legs closed. I've been to the doctor and he said they're too deep in the skin to do anything about. How can i bring them to a head? Also, how come they drain and then come back bigger?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Mine are in the same area. I get 6-8 at a time. They will eventually come to a head within 3-5 days. When it has a head on it they will cut it and drain it. The antibiotics should clear some but the others will have to be drained. Sleep. Take a warm bath. That usually helps bring them to a head. This is the worst place for them. I'm sorry you're going through this. I am too right now, if that helps. sad

• Posted

You may be in a later stage if they're that deep. Mine never came to head, were very deep and I was stage 3 before I found remission (after 10 years of HS) by finding and cutting out my food sensitivities. Mine are nightshade vegetables, coconut and nuts. As long as I don't accidentally eat these, I stay in remission. People have different sensitivities but nightshades are a big one for people with autoimmune due to their natural pesticide. 3 years ago, I thought I would end up disabled and unable to walk. This summer, I rode 17 miles on a bicycle down the famous Creeper Trail with my family! VICTORY! You can do an elimination diet to find your food sensitivities! Good luck! Hope you feel better!

• Posted

Hi, sorry you are going through this.  As has been suggested, you need to look at what you are eating; there are masses of comments on this site about people cutting out certain foods and getting huge relief.

Nightshades seem to be a really big one for lots of people, for many others, including myself, it's daity that is the culprit. Try cutting out one of these food groups and see if it helps.

• Posted

Hi have you ever seen a dermatologist?  It sounds like you need surgery to cut thëm out.  That's the only way to stop. recurring in the same place.

• Posted

Yeah. It was awful. I was referred to her by my pediatrician who said I had HS & wanted me to get better help. The dermatologist totally belittled me and gave me two bottles of pills(even though my pediatrician said no antibiotics for me) & a cream. These three things had me broke out in hives on top of my HS, which as u can tell was very unpleasant. I didn't go back to her either.

• Posted

I've had stinking experiences with dermatologists too, they seem to be a particularly unpleasant breed of people who are right up their own ar**s!

?Considering they are the people who should know most about this condition they seem to be very unaware of what it's like and what is needed. Don't take it personally honey, the attitude of the dermatologist isn't about you, it's about the fact that he/she didn't know how to best treat your condition, and instead of being honest and saying "let's work together to work out what will work best for you", chose to act the big guy who knows it all, totally belittling you in the process.

?This is what some doctors do; they are too proud to admit it and instead put on this front. A good doctor admits to his own lack of expertise.

• Posted

There are several reasons why they come back. one is that once the condition reaches a stage where you have deep tracts, those tracts will always be there, even if everything on the surface seems OK. So the potential is always there for the tract filling up with pus again.

?The other reason is that unless a wound is completely drained, and the healing happens from the bottom up, there will be an unhealed "void" inside, where the problem will start again. It's because the healing happens on the surface and the wound closes over, leaving stuff and a hole underneath.

• Posted

I completely agree.  I got a monster years ago and was in hospital 3 days with it.  It was then regularly packed by nurses until it healed from the inside out to avoid leaving a hole.  It never recurred there.

• Posted

Dermatologist told me to put warm compresses to bring them to head.  I found that when I feel a cyst coming on I apply salicylic acid 30% and it tends to go away.
  • Posted

Do not put acid on labia.  It is too delicate.  Buttocks will not feel sting.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.