I heard that hormon therapy can trigger breast cancer?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My gynae asked me to take livial.. Im still hesitant to take since I heard it can trigger breast cancer.. Pls help me with the information regarding this.. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

MIASARI 

I had been taking LIVIAL for 16  years ( taking half or a quarter every day )-it was brilliant - made me feel great:  great sex life- and I looked Ok as well- I am 74 and early this year found a lump diagnosed with breast cancer??- had a lumpescpy and advised NOT TO TAKE LIVIAL any more-- No real evidence that it was the livial but nothing to say it was not Livial which triggered the cancer-I did not put on weight or anything with Livial 0-- and since have stayed the same  Eat healthy foods etc., a bit of exercise; ( I had radiotherapy  the cancer had not spread to LYMPH glands } I am not taking the follow up medication?-{ MY HUSBAND is on chemotherapy plus other medications probably stress may have started my problem} good luck 

Wendy 

• Posted

Dear Wendy,

Thank you for the reply.. I wish you can take things easily since stress is the worst trigger for cancer..I still think carefully about taking livial .. Frankly im having some uncomfortable menopause symptoms like light headed, migraine and anxiety.. Im now taking mild antidepressant.. It helps a bit but still struggling.. Best of luck for you and your husband ..

Miasari

• Posted

Thank you Miasari  I appreciate your thoughts and shall keep reading the discussions Wendy
  • Posted

Hi, there have been some brilliant reports in the press recently that now state that HRT is safe to take, I am 64 and started back on Livial this week having had a break from all HRT since April this year. I have been taking HRT since I was 52 with a 2 year break in 2010 but I just know I feel better when I take it and the recent press reports have given me more confidence so I will continue.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.