Sleep Apnoea

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Amlodipine 5mg and Ramipril for a few years now. and have had many of the side effects discussed on this site to a lesser degree. However since being on the tablets I noticed I was not sleeping as well and the quality of sleep was as good.

I conplained to the doctor about my shortnes of breath and tiredness but was told I had to live with it. So I started to monitor my own blood preasure daily and triggered the AFIB alarm.  The doctor sent me to the Hospital and now after tests I have been told I have Sleep Apnoea. 

I am convinced that this has been caused by the side affect of the BP tablets ie the problems sleeping and then the tiredness.

Has anyone else experienced this.    

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have also been taking amlodipine for 2 years and at first had lots of side effects from taking them but stuck with them.  I am always so vert tired all the time.  I sleep quite well most nights but wake up feeling so tired
    • Posted

Hi Margaret. Do you wake up in the middle of the night several times but drift back off to sleep. Thats what is happening to me and as a result my snoring has got worse. Doctors have dismissed this as been connected to the tablets but Im not convinced. 
    • Posted

Yes exactly the same.  I have also had problems with my ears for about 18months the doctor I saw said there was nothing could be done  I am sure it's also a side effect but he said not.  I went totally deaf in one ear. Had it syringed but now suffer with etc.  I get days when it's good and days when it's awful again snoring has got really bad

• Posted

It might be that your sleep apnoea was caused by your high blood pressure, as this happened to me before I started my meds. (Ramipril).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.