abdominal heaviness after myomectomy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 7 weeks post op (bikini line incision) and I have been experiencing this weird heaviness in my abdomen like I have a ton of bricks in there and as the day goes on, the heaviness extends to my shoulders and arms and legs. Is anyone else feeling this way? Do you have any idea what causes it? How long did the feeling take to go? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sadly I experience the same thing and I'm 4 months post myomectomy. I find I have to take a stool softener to help alleviate the feeling by going to the bathroom. If I don't I feel the ton of bricks and just overwhelming exhaustion as the day goes on. Have you been told other remedies??

• Posted

Hey I am 3 weeks post open and having this heavy feeling in my abdomen same bikini incision did the heavy feeling go away and I find my self peeing a lot more is this normal
    • Posted

Hi. Yes it did eventually go away. Sometime around 4 months post I woke up one day and realized it was gone. It was gradual. By the time I realized I didn't have it anymore I had almost forgotten I had it before, lol. Keep your head up, it definitely gets better. I was peeing every 10 minutes before surgery and it got a lot better after. I wonder if something is pressing on your bladder?

• Posted

Thanks a lot you gave me hope that this heaviness in my abdomen will go away however I will be going to my GP on Monday cause I think I might have UTI hopefully it's nothing worst like I pulled my internal stitching

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.