Breathing getting bad again

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis almost 3 years ago after extremely bad pains in my joints,swelling of my feet,very bad breathing problems and irritation of the eyes. They did a scan and confirmed that there was also scarring on my lungs as a result of it. I had multiple hospital checks and was informed that it is something that could just clear up by itself. I was given eyedrops for my eyes. And an inhaler for when I was short of breath. (Which I have to say was of no benefit at all to me). The symptoms did eventually clear up. But over the past week my breathing has gotten very bad. I could just be sitting doing nothing...and I feel like I've run a marathon. Completely breathless. Is this something I should go back to the doctor with? Or just let it clear up again...hopefully. Thanks.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valery

I've been struggling with breathing since June of this yr I was on prednisone wich didn't work for me I have all the same symptoms u have been through 8 different Dr and not one can help with the breathing part of this disease even seen one of the top respirologist in Ontario who gave me pills for my joint and when I asked if it would help my breathing he said no we have to figure that out at another time then I did bunch more blood work and was sent home. So sorry I'm rambling but long story short not much u can do I'm sitting here trying to catch my breath it's horrible I hope you can get better can then me good luck let me know!!!

• Posted

I know. It's a horrible feeling not been able to catch your breath...especially as I'm only 35. My husband keeps telling to make a doctors appointment but I'm not sure if there's any point in paying €60 to be told there's nothing they can do. Over the past 3 years I've had an odd bad day with my breathing,but this has been more or less constant over the past week.

• Posted

Well mine has been constant since July and no one's seems able to help msybe u should try the hospital it's pretty sad we can't get relief or help for this horrible disease wish u all the luck keep me posted if your on fb there is a great group on it with people who have Sarcoidosis u can join it's very helpful

• Posted

I will indeed keep you updated if anything happens. Thanks.
  • Posted

Hi Valerie,

I would definitely go back to doctor and nip in the bud before it gets any worse. Was only diagnosed myself in March this year but got a bad chest infection a month and felt I was back to where I was before I was diagnosed. I went back to my consultant asap and was promptly treated. I recovered well and I'm feeling good presently. I put that down to listening to my body and seeing my doctor swiftly.

Please go see your doc asap.

Regards

Polly.

• Posted

Thanks Polly. Yeah I'm gonna make an appointment to see my doctor. Maybe they could even prescribe a different inhaler or something.

• Posted

My breathing was very bad and the only thing that helped was steroids. I know the side effects are a pain but they helped me so much. You may have to consider them. Hope you feel better soon. Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Polly.

• Posted

Hi, Iv had this disease over 12 years now and been told that it would go away on it's own,, well it doesn't it's in my lungs, skin, sinuses and bowels, It's horrible. Go back to your doctor and tell them you want answers not fobbing off its obviously not going away, it's easily detected with a a.c.e serum blood test. If possible ask him to refer you to professor athol wells at the Royal Brompton hospital in London, they will tell you exactly how much you have it and what parts of your body is affected, their team is brilliant

Hope you get some answers,

Good luck,,, pete

• Posted

Thanks for your advice Pete. Hopefully something will be done soon. There still seems to be very little known about it. I was diagnosed with it nearly 3 years ago. Then about 4 months ago my co-worker was also diagnosed with it too.
    • Posted

Your right not many people know about it, It's like I said to my doc, most of what we know about it has been learned from autopsys and I don't want to be one of those

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.