applied for pip with artists

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i applied for pip on the grounds that my leg locked up last September and I had to have a opperation on it this June for a cartlidge repair and ligerments repair this was key hole surgery but when doctors did opperation they discovered that I had server arthritis stage4 at the and early stage 1 below so a claim form went of for pip I put in the former that I had been like this since last September and they took the time scale from June instead it stated in my former September I had my decision and I scored all the points of 8 but they am saying that they don't think it will be like this in 9 months time so they won't award me already done a reconsideration and they say the same my arthritis has not been mentioned by them they only going on my cartlidge repair and in fact it is now getting worse help some one

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

is your knee preventing you from walking, getting dressed, standing for a long time, do you need help to bath yourself, get in and out of bath, restricted you from walking down and put the stairs? Are you on any medication for your knee?
    • Posted

Yes to all of them and ime on cocodamol tramodol ibuprofen pain is so server
  • Posted

Why is a locked up leg a problem, there are many people in wheelchairs who have jobs. An awful lot of jobs involve sitting down these days so as others have said you need really special reasons these days to get pip
    • Posted

Then why are you moaning about being knocked back for not getting it. Obviously when you had your meeting the interviewer didn't think your knee was life changing and stopped you from getting on with day to day tasks. Be great full you don't have a disability and going to spend the rest of your life suffering excusiatting painand ruining your body with medication

• Posted

Hello Acka, may i ask how old you are as i have had knee replacements and due for another one soon.

Elizabeth

• Posted

Sorry but that's BS, as I know someone that had one done at 40 and I'm 45 and had a hip replacement last year at 44 and due to have my other one done once I've got my knee sorted. I had surgery key hole on knee for teared catlidge in the summer but it looks like it didn't work. I too have arthritis is both my knees and can understand your pain but not on why you think you should get PIP. Sorry if this upsets you but it's only one knee/leg not the whole of your body and this is probably why you were knocked back

• Posted

I was knocked bk on time scale they say I got to of had it longer than 9 months but had it nearly 13 month now
    • Posted

I had my first knee replacement at aged 39 thou it was an unusual case. I had arthritis at aged 11 and my knee was badly deformed, and i had operations as a child which had badly gone wrong due to the fact it was not known what my diagnosis was at the time. Eventually my ligaments had gone so was virtually unable to walk. I had my second replacement at 52 as the first one had worn and i had broke my leg. I had lost bone so had donor bone graft and a replacement done with a broken leg. I have supporting stents inside now to help with with walking. I am due for my other knee to be done and i am 60 now. I don't drive and struggle to walk and i am in constant pain. In all this time i have never been awarded DLA or PIP as its now known. I also live on my own. People with terminal illnesses are automatically given PIP as is certain conditions such as Parkinsons and Mutiple sclerosis and incurable conditions in children. Unfortunately other conditions are a grey area and considered on an individual basis. I am not able to work but still cannot get PIP. 

If your knee is considered bad enough you can have a replacement, ask for a second opinion. Have you had other treatments such as physiotherapy or steriods as these things will be tried first. I have had ultra sound treatment as well as steriods to no avail. Some surgeons will not operate on younger patients due to them needing another replacement after a few years. NHS costs can also sway a surgeons decision. If your knee is bad enough these things will not stop a surgeon operating. I hope you soon get some help from a consultant that is willing to help. All the best.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi I've had the physio said there is nothing that they can do any more had the steroid injections they didn't work I have now been sent for another mri scan and to see a pain Doctor of which I am now both waiting on seem to be going round in circles and as for pip I now people that get it for arthritis for conditionsale like my self so if I was you ide apply for it i have worked all my life up un till this site happened to me

• Posted

You need to push for joint replacement survey to get your life back and be pain free rather than trying to get pip. Had 2 joints done and its wonderful 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.