Anxiety from my GA

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had GA on my right foot for about a year and a half, and although not painful, (although it is itchy and often hot) it causes me a lot of stress. It's so unattractive and embarrassing. The worst is that there's no cure. I'm feeling helpless about my condition, but it's nice to see that there are others struggling with it.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi laurenhermione, sorry to hear another person with this , mines looked like it was fading, I was not on any medicine , cream, tablets at time, but felt nippy on wrist here it's back again

I was wondering if anyone tried special diet, change of diet, going down is it our anti immune system not working properly ? Two other people I know have this skin condition thought some other skin disease

Regards Helen

• Posted

Hi Helen,

I have researched the heck out of this disease and have consulted with 5 different doctors thus far.

Here's my take on GA, it doesn't resemble a food allergy in any way it has nothing to do with our body reacting to the food itself. My theory based on all I have learned is that since our food is treated with antiobiotics and pesticides and as these things build up in our bodies our immune system goes on alert and begins to attack the traces in our skin. OR it could be that the chemicles and antibiotics are altering the proteins in our tissues (skin) so that our immune system isn't recognizing the components (collagen/elastin) and is walling them off and attacking them.

Medicine doesn't know exactly why this happens in some people but it makes perfect sense to me.

I am hoping that washing my food and veggies and switching to organic meat not tainted with antibiotics will help.

I also recently had my silicone breast implants removed when I found out traces of silicone were leaking into my body.

Best wishes to you!

• Posted

Hi j0603, thanks for reply,I think something is attacking our skin, or reacting to things like you say ,like chemicals, pesticides? Is there anti biotics in our food too? 

Let us know how you get on ? 

Regards Helen 

• Posted

Hi,

This rash is awful because it looks like ring worm!

Will your doctor inject the rash on your foot with cortisone? This is what I do to get rid of the worst placed rings.

Best wishes,

Julie

• Posted

Lauren,

You are not alone. Take it from me, it started on my foot but has spread to multiple areas of my body. Oddly I find the patches are getting more prominent when my skin has contact with something regularly. Like a bra strap or, strap on shoes etc... I too am frustrated but know we are here for you and I will help you as much as I can.

Angie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.