POTs defination

Posted , 3 users are following.

At a recent appointment I was told there was insufficient data for any diagnosis then the next week I received a letter to attend a POTs clinic. My symptoms do appear very similar but the fast heart rate (130-170) doesn't occur EVERY time I stand or within 10 minutes, often building gradually. I understood that both of these were requirements for it to be POTs, is that right? Once before I was told I'm just someone susceptible to fainting, but it's been about 30 now this past 15 months and with lots of other symptoms. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi J6, I am sorry you are having such trouble and difficulty getting proper diagnoses.Everyone reacts differently to any test and medications. Doctors are largely unformiliar with the Autonomic system and the newer doctors are now coming on the scene with new knowledge and training. I hope you get some answers and treatment that allow for a better quality of life.

Blessings to you, Ken

• Posted

What other symptoms? I was told for about 10 years I had POTS and now my cardiogist says I have Innapropriate Sinus Tachycardia. I have been doing a lot of reading about doctor patient relationship. If the doctor doesn't truly care for the patient's well being you get bad care and that turns into us patients in bad health. It is very sad. I want to feel better so bad. Be able to stand without my heart jumping to 145 within a few minutes or sometimes a few seconds. I pray you get the help you deserve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.