Hashitoxicosis

Posted , 9 users are following.

My doctors office just called and said my dr is diagnosing me with Hashitoxicosis. Looked it up and haven't found much about it. Any info for would help!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You definitely want to use Regular L-Carnitine to help with this.  There was a Hashi patient who posted about her successful recovery and I will email you privately with her posts.
    • Posted

Hi Linda, I was diagnosed today with Hashitoxitosis. I saw your response to Cheryl saying she needed to use L-Carnitine. Could you please forward me the same info. I would really appreciate it.

• Posted

In Graves disease, the antibodies attack the TSH receptors.  In Hashimoto's thyroiditis, the antibodies attack the thyroid gland itself so the gland is extremely sensitive.  Perhaps that is why it is so difficult to treat with thyroid medications compared to Graves disease.

• Posted

So Hashitoxicosis is the same as Hashimoto? I'll read message thanks

• Posted

Cheryl, it sounds like you have both Graves disease (because you have thyroid eye disease which goes along with Graves) as well as Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  Because you have the Hashi's, typical medical treatment with thyroid blocking drugs will cause you to swing from hyper to hypo.  I know a lady who has both and has kept her levels consistently normal.  I will email you some information.

• Posted

Linda,

Thank you, I've been living a nightmare.

I don't want to have TT.

I have Hashitoxicosis, Graves and Hashi.

My mom had Graves. I have 89 TSI, 139 is Graves. My uptake hyper, ultrasound was hashi, dying thyroid.

I don't have Hashi antibodies, only Graves.

Cheryl

• Posted

You wouldn't have hashitoxicosis if you didn't have Hashimoto's thryoiditis.  Hashimoto's disease attacks the thyroid gland directly and Graves attacks the TSH receptors in the pituitary gland.

• Posted

Yes, 

I was diagnosed with hypothyroid in 2004.  I was put on synthroid.

I had hashi antibodies initially.  But, then haven't .  

I took T4 Meds 12 years.  I experienced hyper periodic episodes.  This year was the longest and worst hyper episodes, swinging back and forth.  I've only had hyper labs a few times and was corrected with lower T4.

This year went off T4.  

My ultrasounds show a hashi burning out thyroid.  My TSI 89.

I do have both.

I actually just got my T4 and T3

both low end of normal.  I'm actually feeling hypo.  May try low 

levothyroxine.

A small percentage of Hashi can get TED with the TSI antibodies.

I just hope I do not get full Graves.  

I am trying to decide if TT is the right treatment or if I should wait and see if my thyroid burns out.

• Posted

Hi, Cheryl. Any progress on the status of your situation/treatment? Thanks for sharing.
    • Posted

Hi Mike,  I’m subclinically hypothyroid but off thyroid Meds and better now without them.  Not 100%.  But no longer tachycardia and hyper.  I believe the thyroid replacement Meds are bad.  There has to be a better way to treat this.  I’m trying natural healing.

thanks

• Posted

It's interesting to know the natural healing also works for hypo-Hashi. Can you share some info as to compare with natural healing for hyper-GD?  Thanks

• Posted

Very interesting. What are you doing in the natural healing process? I have been so fatigued and eat a clean vegan diet but think I need to add L-Caratine. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    • Posted

I eat low gluten, fruits, veggies, vit b12, digestive enzymes, probiotics, herbal tea, vit d3

try to stress less

• Posted

Hi Linda, I have a friend who has both Graves disease as well as Hashimoto's thyroiditis.  Because she has the Hashi's, typical medical treatment with thyroid blocking drugs will cause you to swing from hyper to hypo. I was hoping you could email me some information about your friend that has managed her issue? Also,  exactly how are Hashitoxicosis and Hashimotos different ? I really need to help my suffering friend so anything you can tell me would be wonderful. Thank you!

• Posted

In Graves disease, autoimmune antibodies attack the TSH receptors in the pituitary gland.  In Hashimoto's antibodies attack the thyroid gland itself.  From postings on this Board, I have learned that people with Hashimoto's are very sensitive to both thyroid hormone blocking drugs and thyroid hormone replacement drugs.  One lady who posted here who had Hashimoto's only, was able to get her values normalized and stable on 3,000 mg of Regular L-Carnitine a day.  This is a supplement available in most health food stores.  However, when you have both Graves and Hashimoto's combined, it is a little trickier.  But I know a lady from another Board who has kept stable.  Her TSH is around 2.0.  I am not sure if she uses both Methimazole and natural treatments but she was managed by a Naturopath who has a website with a lot of free information about all kinds of thyroid disease.  I will email you privately.

• Posted

Hi

I was diagnosed with Hashitoxicosis as well.

do you mind sending me some info as well?

• Posted

Hi I am currently trying to get this diagnosed... could you please email me the information also?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.