Manipulation Under Anesthisa

Posted , 5 users are following.

Looking for information from anyone who has had MUA.  Did it help your pain level?  I'm not so much worried about my range of motion, but I would do it if it helped my pain.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It helped with my pain. I still had a lot of discomfort afterwards but not the same pain as before, much more manageable. This was the reason the surgeon wanted to do the MUA. I did get a lot of movement back but limited internal and external rotation. This came back after a lot of physiotherapy.
  • Posted

Yes most definately helped painwise..........and with regulary excersise all my movements came back! Took about 3months of obsessive excersise but so worth it smile heading down same route on 17th october for other shoulder! 

Just keep taking regular painkillers and use a pillow to help with positioning at night! There is definately light at the end of the tunnel  smile

• Posted

Definitely helped with pain almost immediately I could get dressed without horrible pain in arm.
  • Posted

Yes it finally gave me back ROM and Physio therapy for 3 weeks.

that was 8 months ago now I can finally sleep on that side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.