Could I have lyme?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, new to this board!

Anyway, around two years ago I started experiencing some symptoms that were primarily neurological + cardiological. 

I would have various little symptoms that would come and go, some reappearing later and some not: little electric shock like sensations after exercise, a feeling like something was crawling up my shoulder blade, one eyelid twitching, a stabbing pain on the left side, tingling and occasionally burning in my left hand. Some of these symptoms would stay for a few weeks; or months; then I’d never have them again. 

As time progressed, I also have developed palpitations, extreme panic, a sometimes fast and very forceful heart beat, and terrible insomnia. I used to sleep 8-9 hours a night and now only sometimes get 2 or 3, and when I do get say, 7, I don’t feel rested; i’m very tired. I’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.

When I read online it says that the primary symptoms of Lyme are ‘joint-pain’ and ‘flu-like’ symptoms. I’m not really suffering any joint pain, and my only flu-like symptom is fatigue (mainly from poor sleep). Also, I never remember getting bitten by anything.

I’ve also noticed some marks on myself that are on my legs and hips that I was told were stretch marks. Admittedly I have gained around 15 lbs in this time, though the marks appeared a couple months after the weight gain. I’ve tried to upload pictures (sorry for camera quality sad

http://imgur.com/a/Y2pT2

Thoughts? Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Welcome! I'm fairly new on here myself smile.

Its sounds from your symptoms that its definitely worth having a lymes test. Are you in the UK?

My seem an odd question, do you have any pets?

Sarah

• Posted

hi sarah! smile

i'm not in the UK, sorry. i'm from the US. i have a cat.

• Posted

Ah ok best let someone advise you from the US as regards lymes testing.

Interesting you have a cat as there's a disease you might of heard of called 'cat scratch disease (Bartonella henselae)' which causes lined effects/rash type appearance on the torso apparently. Might be worth asking your gp about that.

Best wishes Sarah

• Posted

ok, will take the advice. do you know if bartonella ever occurs on its own, or does it always occur with the lyme bacteria?
    • Posted

There are different strains of Bartonella depending on the vector you've caught it from. I believe from what I've read that you can have it on its own but usually if its transferred via an insect then its accompanied with other coinfections.

I'm not medically trained so you'd be better going to see your gp or someone whos experienced in infectious diseases.

Best wishes Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.