Red spots on face and lips?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!

I have just returned from a holiday with a sore tongue which turned into blisters on my tongue. Then my throat got sore, the glands on my neck and under my chin are swollen and sore and I can hardly swallow. So far just a throat infection I'm assuming.

But now I have got spots around my mouth and one on my lip. They start off red with a black dot in the centre and very quickly scab over, turning white and scabby within a day. They are not itchy and aren't sore unless i press them. Does anyone know what this is and if I should see my GP?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This is something that a doctor should see ASAP. Could be strep, allergic reaction especially with rash, could be a medical situation where meds may be a good treatment once a diagnosis is made. 

• Posted

This is not a simple sore throat and you need to see a doctor. Were you holidaying abroad?     There are so many things this could be and you need a proper diagnosis ASAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.