Food allergy test

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went for a food allergy test I've found out I can't eat gluten barley and wheat so going to cut these out and will let u know if it improves my hs.i would recommend having the test done

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

​My intolerances showed up as dairy, beef, prawns, cabbage, curry powder and yeast!

• Posted

Before I had the test I had already discovered that not having dairy helped to improve the HS, so having the test was really to confirm the link. I was surprised at the other things though!

I've never tried cutting out the other things, because they didn't seem to be affecting me, however I suffer chronic migraines and headaches, I take painkillers every single day. About 4 weeks ago I realised that my head is worse if I eat more bread, so I wondered if it was the yeast. I cut out everything containing yeast and right away my head improved.

I don't think the yeast is linked to my HS though, that is definitely dairy.

So right now I'm having quite a hard time working out what I can eat because yeast extract is in just about everything, and if it doesn't have yeast it has dairy!

?But we can only try.

• Posted

Hi Donna, I had barley come up in mine about 2 years ago. I stopped having barley and I haven't been in hospital since.. I have had lumps still but not serious ones..

Barley is in a lot, watch out for those sauces that it's in, I got caught out a few times by those.

Your intolerance change, so just bear that in mind.. I had another test last week and it came up again as well as every dairy product under the sun. Soya is my new best friend.

I am currently seeing a naturopathy, I have only had one session but next week I get my detox plan so hopefully this will be a success..

I totally believe our illness is to do with food as it's a newish disease.. So I plan on stamping mine out after suffering for 13 years.. enough is enough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.