Rectal skin tag or hpv?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So here a little story, I've been having on and off with constipation and diarrhea due to infections.

Two days ago I noticed my anus was itching and hurting.

I had this fissure in it that would hurt badly and I thought that's what it was.. I got the fissure a month ago and it hurt badly. Now I think it's healed but I'm more sure. Two days ago I noticed that there's a skin tag hanging now from my anus. I freaked out and went to planned parenthood for advice. Nurse practictioner told me it's a wart as in hpv wart. I've never had warts there or around my vagina. She wouldn't even do a pap because I had it done a year ago and it was normal. I got upset because I wanted the pap since she said I have hpv. But I'm not sure if it is. I looked up info online and there are such things as anal tag or anal pólips or something like that.. or could it be the scar of the fissure? Do fissure scar? Please give me your opinion. I know it's gross but I've posted a picture of what it looks like.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaTRJmVkC3fUgc%2Fdv4twY4h4l5k2TGxc#.V_lrEvBHaaN

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Jen I'm no doctor but as far as I'm aware once your fissure heals you're left with a small skin tag just at the end of the tear.

• Posted

I've read about it and I also just had a Pap smear test done.. it came back normal. But this tag in my butt is making me very anxious that I've caught genital warts. The nurse at planned parenthood she said she was sure about it. But I have doubts because I had a fissure so I sort of related one to the other. I mean.. does it look like a wart?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.