my partner just died a week after heart stent. waiting for pm. was it an embolism could i of saved h

Posted , 4 users are following.

my fella of 5yrs had a heart attack last mon. and a stent fittted rear artery on thursday by wrist

home on friday. all fine taking meds. friday morning he ate breakfast in bed with me. then started making choking noises or snoring etc. i ran round the bed he was white going purple foaming slightly and his eye pupils went huge after a small almost seizure..... were he went purple then he went pale and occasional gasps. my son dialled 999 we tried cpr whixh i think i did wrong and crew tried for an hour. adrenaline paddles etc. he didnt regain consiouness. i forgot he had nitro spray. they think either a pe. or massive heart attack. when did i loose him. could i of saved him. did he know. will i ever get over this. he was 49 a big smoker of cannabis and nicotine. im 43. ive lost my whole world

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

he seemed fine n was smoking a vape. he didnt touch a fag of any kind after heart attack. i didnt even know anything was wrong till the noises as i was on my phone. what did the oupil expansion mean. the slobber. the noise. the small fit. all of it. please help me
    • Posted

hi,

my thoughts are with you

i've just read your description of events and used the internet to gain an overview of symptoms leading to your husbands early death. it seems like he had a seizure and possibly a clot cause it.

your exposure to passive smoking/vaping may have an effect on your anxiety and means to cope with a major change in life, personal & possble financial circumstance.

dwelling on things is inevitable, a healthy food detox, good hydration, fresh air and lots of rest could help rejuvinate your mind & body, giving yourself better impetus to tend to your affairs. Have you a considerate friend or support network to call upon?

• Posted

no i dont. i dont need to know how to get me right. i want to know whT happened to him. if i could of done anything. if the heart spray i forgot he had could of saved him. if this is something that happens after stent surgery. what i could of done. i suffer anxiety n dperession anyway he was my rock my world my everytging. i csnt see a tmw without him
    • Posted

uk time

hi helenjames,

i know exactly how you feel - i share exactly the same sentiment regarding my unprovoked/recurring VTE. I think there's a 1minute-3month window with regard to 'Immediate Dangerous' clots that may result in certain death. I believe the critical time period is from 1second to 30mins to get connected to appropriate medical apparatus work on a clot. Unfortunatley, medicine today requires queing & schedualing of scans, analysing correct scans, word of mouth & preparation of reports.

Thereafter, (in my most pragmatic estimation) the person is 'At Risk' for up to five years from further chronic, acute, major, massive, fatal clot incidents (more R&D is required), this solely depends on living/work lifestyle- contridications & posology of multiple technology appraisals MTA of medicines and diet.

I have never used a heart spray, i guess it provides a temporary inflamation-relaxant relief enabling localised circulatory flow. It is not a cure. Stent surgury sounds like a dated invasive solution designed by a person with no personal understanding of repetitive clot incidents - large and small - irrespctive of red/blue minor/major venous circuits throughout the human body.

I understand and am conversant with my own trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, disconnection and PTSD on various bio-mechnical/physiological levels relating to my internal/external organs.

would you like to share with me your anxiety n depression- which led you to finding a rock to fall back on - it's sometimes easier to do online 

• Posted

hi ya,

• Posted

hi.

your replies are a little complicated to me... a lay person... i went to see jim yesterday he is still waiting to be post mortemed. he looks so beautiful i could stay a lifetime. guilts setting jn how dare i eat sleep live smile... and do i really want to. i just want to know if i could of saved him..... his work dont know if im named on his death service payout. we wasnt married. so now i odnt know how im even going to bury him .

• Posted

Sorry for your loss but if it was a pe there will have been nothing you could have done nor the health professionals my thoughts are with you and your family

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.