Blood and mucus with every stool and some wind, is it hemmerroids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been having these symptoms for about 3 months. Only recently tracking it closely and it's every day with each bowel movement (1 per day). I think it's getting worse now accompanied with a tiny sting. Usually bright red - yesterday pinky grey... Blood tests show no inflammation or celiac. Stool sample shows no bacteria. Finger exam felt nothing and saw no blood. I tried some smooth muscle relaxant medication and a low fibre diet didn't help. Now I read that if it's hemmerroids it should be a high fibre diet thanks again docs for nothing! (previous mis prescriptions to add to the list) they just said it might go away on its own. Come back if it gets worse! They would give any indication as to what they think it might me coz they don't want to worry me and make it worse! Only that it can't be ibs. Anyone here tell me if they think it's internal hemmerroids? Im 25 not overweight not particularly constipated or anything.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have had similar symptoms to you also for the past 3 months .I've seen 3 drs who all said internal hemmoroids. I've had blood tests which didn't show anything but my stool sample showed inflamation the finger test did show a little blood but no hemmoroids were felt which I'm told can happen . I am now waiting to see a gastroenterologist at the end of this month .I've still get the mucus most days but the bleeding is only once maybe twice a week if I've not had a bowel movement .I've found your still concerned see your dr again to see if you can be referred. Let me know how you get on

• Posted

Thanks for you're reply, it's helped me decide it could definitely be internal hemmerroids. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see where that goes. Have you tried upping the amount of exercise you get? It's something I keep coming across and it's also sonething I've been intending to do for ages, I'm not overweight but I'm not very physically fit either.

• Posted

Tiger Lil it seems like you have internal hemorrhoids. those are the symptoms I had before I eventually found out that I had hemorrhoids. the bright red blood and some mucus from time to time. I would advise you to get on a high fibre diet, drink lots of water and try not to strain yourself when having a BM coz that only makes it worse when/if external hemorrhoids do occur coz it means that it would be painful even when peeing. try and control it before it gets worse. it's best if you have some laxatives and suppositories handy just in case

• Posted

Hi how did you get on ?  Ive not tried upping exercise to be honest . like you im not overweight but not fit either . I do go out walking but other than that i dont do any other exercise . maybe worth a try 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.