Poor blood circulation after hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Wonder anyone suffer poor blood circulation to both legs after hysterectomy?

I am 9 months post op and I have pain on both side pelvic and the pulling pain from lower back and all the way down to knees, ankle and foot. It is worst when wake up in the morning, seated too long, exercise too much or by just standing too long. Sometimes I do find that my muscles are quite sore and stiff. Anyone tried compresssion socks? Hot bath will ease pain a bit but I wonder anyone have a longer term remedy to overcome all these pains and lower part body poor blood circulation.

Oh, I am also suffering stiff necks since day 1 after operation. My blood pressure has been on the high side lately due to all these pain. Any remedy to cure stiff neck?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think you need to contact your doctor about it I know you will suffer some discomfort don't over do it just exercise a little gradually

• Posted

Hi Sue I had a TAH in June I'm still in pain on and off most of my day pulling and stinging pain mostly and swelled by end of day they tell me each time I'm still healing could take up to a year they tell me that now !! I also have pain into upper thigh near the Ben of my leg at growing area like a bad tooth ache feeling makes me worry about a blood clot when it starts hurting notice it more when sitting for a while!

Best if luck to you!

• Posted

Hi deb,

Yes, I do suffer pain near upper tight and muscle around knee cap feel like very sore. This soreness and tingling sensation also travel down to my feet and causes pain as if I twisted or sprained my foot. I believed it is the muscle pull starting from our pelvic bone or maybe our nerve or blood circulation has been comprised with this op. I tried putting on hotpad and it ease the pain slightly. I tried acupuncture to release trapped nerve or twisted muscle but it offer temporary relief only. The acupuncturist and Chinese oncologist said poor blood circulation to our leg due to operation but she and he can't offer much remedy other than prescibing Chinese medication and asking me to do more exercise. I am now 7th months post op and I still suffer. I guess by year 1, the pain will still be there😿.

Anyway, hope you get well soon...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.