Uterine Fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I had my UFE on 18 Jan 2016. My last period was last week and I had flooding issues it happened twice in one day.

Since then my tummy has actually started shrinking a lot. So I'm confused. Why would it shrink so much but the periods get bad again. (I had to take Mefamic acid to stop the blood flow). I wondered if anyone else has experienced this post UFE.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you should go back to your gynaecologist / Dr and get an ultrasound. In case the fibroid has grown back or you have a new one.
  • Posted

Hi

I had mine June 24th and have had light bleeding the whole of September.Since October 1st i have had flooding and had to take mefamic Acid which really helped.I had my ultrasound August 15th and have not heard anything from hospital,I went to my doctors and he downloaded the report from ultrasound and he says my UFE failed.I am gutted and despite calling the hospital and putting in a complaint have heard nothing.

• Posted

Oh no. That must be so disappointing. I hope you are able to receive a more effective treatment. How big is the fibroid? I just had an open myomectomy which was successful. I nearly went to get UAE but the second gynae I saw advised against it for fertility reasons (I am 25).
    • Posted

Hi

I have around 25 the largest 10cm and the smallest 5cm.I had a myomectomy in 2003 and had one the size of a grapefruit removed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.